cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why an added characteristics fails to be removed from a cube?

Former Member
0 Kudos

see title

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

if you have data loaded into the cube, delete data first, then delete the char.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to delete the char from the cube..for this u should hav to make sure that the cube must be empty. then only u can able to delete the char from the cube..

-Shreya

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Why did you remove your original question? Without it the answers don't hold any meaning, and cannot be used by other to reference a problem they may be facing...any particular reason..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bhanu,

That's a very simple question, and 1st a few people answered them with same simply answers and I have given them reward points. Then later I found other following people just keep giving the same simple answers and I feel they just want to earn points that I want to delete this simple topic, that's it.

Are you a webmaster of this website?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Kevin, I am not the webmaster of this site I asked just out of curiosity as I noticed that you had done this a couple of times earlier too. Thanks for your reply...I am glad you took it in the right spirit.

Regards,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu is just one of our great contributors, however I am a moderator for this site and I must say I still don't see why you deleted your original question now anyone searching won't find your question and one of the multiple answers (which seem to be repeated).

Would it be possible for you to enter your question again? Or should I just delete this entire thread and the points that were rewarded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Craig,

See my previous post for the reason. Yeh, just go ahead to delete the thread since I don't want to be bothered in e-mails that people always go in to answer the same simple question again and again to just want to earn reward points.

BTW, Craig, just now I found there is sth wrong with the website that the we can't see the Reply button.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Kevin Smith

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Please even if this is an easy question and answer. You didn't find it before and had to ask.

For other SDNers please add the questions back in.

If you don't want to get the emails, just mark the questions as solved and take the "watch this topic" off for this post and forget about it.

Everyone please, if a questions is marked as solved, don't post additional fishing for points answers. Everyone else: Don't give points for repeated answers. 'Wordsmithing' should not give any points.

Thanks, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kevin

first remove the data from the cube, then automatically you will be able to delete the char you require.

hope this helps

regards

vijaykumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Delete the data and remove characteristic from cube.

Same thing when u add a char.Delete the data , add a characteristic and load data

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You'll have to delete the data from the cube first for that characteristic and only then would you be able to delete the characteristic assignment from the cube.

Cheers,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin;

when you have load the data into the cube those chars Objects are locked. So, you have to unlock the chars first; and delete the Char Object from there. So, Pls delete the data from the cube; as soon as you delete the data from the cube it automatically gets unlock.

Hope this help.

BK