Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform Generate Derive action for many roles at a time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My requirement is, We have 200+ master Roles, we derive many roles from these master roles,

now i want to perform Generatederive action for all master roles at a time ?

normally we perform this action for each master role by the using this following path

Pfcg->Authorizations->change-> Generate derived roles

by this method every time it is taking lots of time....

Please suggest me the best method to perform this

while i check this in net i find one option ....

-

You can also use a background job to adjust derived roles. To do this, schedule a variant of the report SUPRN_REGENERATE_DEPENDENT, in the selection screen of which you enter the name of the original role in the field TOP_AGR. To also generate the profile, select the field GEN with an "X", otherwise leave it empty. If authorization checks fail during the run, these are recorded in the job log.

-

but i never user this report, if some one already use the above report please suggest me, if any sideeffects by execute this report?

Note: Abaper is not available here..

Thanks & Regards,

Ganesh.K

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question has been asked before recently, in this thread:

And my suggestion would also be to use ECATT and record the steps you've described so you can repeat them with little effort.

Searching for the SUPRN_REGENERATE_DEPENDENT report returns thread:

Which tells me you'll need an ABAPer to get it to work on multiple roles. (Or maybe ECATT again)

Edit: Yep, just tested on MiniSAP. One parent at a time, no wildcards allowed..... Still a lot faster than entering into the auths tab in PFCG......

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on May 20, 2009 1:23 PM

0 Kudos

This report works with * now, I am on Support Package SAPK-75011INSAPBASIS. Note that we have GRC Risk Terminator configured which normally gives some risks in our system. I think this program circumvents that functionality.

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor

The report can be used for mass processing as of SAP note 2538834. There is no need for how you say an abaper.

ECatt is not supported for productive usage.

b.rgds

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Agreed, Bernard, I personally also disapprove of using this report in production. Role maintenance is done in development & transported through the landscape.