cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating message on Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I want to populate custom error message on iView Bank information of standard ESS/MSS application.

We are using BADI for some business rules check and from there I want to populate this error message.

Normal MESSAGE statement won't work and not popup messages on Portal side.

Is there any other function module or Method which allows us to populate error messages on portal side.

As it's standard ESS/MSS all are Java applications so from BADI we need to trigger this error message.

The BADI used is HRPAD00INFTYDB.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>As it's standard ESS/MSS all are Java applications so from BADI we need to trigger this error message.

The BADI used is HRPAD00INFTYDB.

Why are you asking this question in the Web Dynpro ABAP forum if there are no Web Dynpro ABAP applications involved?

If the UI is Web Dynpro Java, there is nothing you can do to trigger messages into the UI unless there is some exporting paramter of the RFC call that you can pass messages back through.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Even if it's Java application we can use ABAP code inside BADI to populate error messages on Portal.

I have just now find out the way to poulate messages on portal. Please see this forum.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=%3fpath=/display/erphcm/validations%252bfor%252bess%252ble...

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Even if it's Java application we can use ABAP code inside BADI to populate error messages on Portal.

But that doesn't justify the question being in the Web Dynpro ABAP forum. This forum is for questions directly related to Web Dynpro ABAP, not just general ABAP questions.

The solution you found matches up to what I described. There is no way using the WDA message manager or the normal message object to issue messages into the Web Dynpro Java application. This is an application specific object being passed between the interface of Java and ABAP.