Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the following situation

Calculated field --> Lookup table --> field (lookup table) --> field

Calculated field --> Customer Hierarchy --> Branch --> Code

and if you look on the calculated expression is:

"Customer Hierarchy [Branch] & 4 digits generated sequentially"

the problem is that branch is a lookup and i don't want to get the default field but a other field from this lookup.

if it was java it was something like this

"Customer Hierarchy [Branch].Code & 4 digits generated sequentially"

Were "Code" is a field inside Branch

What is the solution?

Thanks

Noam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noam,

I am assuming that your scenario is as given below:

1. You have a Field (Let us say CH) in your main table refering to a "Customer Hierarchy" (Hierarchy table).

2. This Customer Hierarchy table has a field "BR" and the field type of this field is "Lookup[Flat]" and the lookup is to another flat table "Branch".

3. You created a calculated field on your main table with a reference to the field that has Lookup to Customer Hierachy.

4. You are trying to create a calculation expression on this field with a reference to field CH. But, you also want to bring the "Code" in the table "Branch".

Calculation Expression currenctly supports selection of all fields to one level -> In your case, you can select all the fields available in your Customer Hierarchy table while rering to "CH" field. So, all the fields in the "Fields" drop down of your calculation Expression editor will be CH[Field 1 in Customer Hierarchy], CH[Field 2 in Customer Hierarchy], CH[BR] etc.

Here, you will be able to see only the field "BR" but not all the fields in the "Branch" Lookup table. By default, the "CH[BR]" field will hold the value corresponding to the "DISPLAY FIELD" of the underlying "Branch" table. If you want to get another value ( "Code" in your case), you need to change this field to be "Display Field" in the underlying Lookup table.

Hope the above explanation (eventhough it may be confusing...:) ) helps you.

Please let me know in case I understood it completely wrong !

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani

I have tried it and the problem is that i have to give up my default "Name" field as a Display Field for the lookup table.

If i will summaries, currently the MDM does not support more then one level of field references in the calculated fields. the only solution is to change the default Display Field and to reference to the table itself.

Am i right?

Can some one from the MDM Development Team can verify this?

Thanks

Noam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noam,

That is what I feel to the best of my knowledge. If you would like to know what SAP Development team says on this, I would suggest to log an OSS for this.

Hope you understand,

Regards,

Rajani Kumar