SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datamigration template - Custom field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question on datamigration customer template creation with custom fields . The functional team is planning to add a number of custom fields to various technical objects(connection obj, dev loc etc..). Currently, these field enhancements are not implemented and hence these fields are not available under the respective objects in EMIGALL.

I need to create the data migration template. What is the normal practice. Do I need to wait till the custom field enhancements implementation and then create the data migration template or is there any alternate options to include the custom fields before those fields enhancements are available in system...

Thanks and Regards,

2 REPLIES 2

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Theoratically you could define the fields temporarily as ISMW specific customer fields. The risk is, that the ISMW customer fields are added at the end of the direct input structure while the enhancement fields can appear anywhere in the structure in dependancy of where the CI-Include is defined within the structure. The good news is, that mostly the CI-Include are defined at the end of the DI structures but there is no guarantee and certainly no SAP guarantee for this ;o)

Long story short: you should ask to have at least the fields defined and the CI-Includes activates. Even the field contents will not end in the database tables (due to a missing implementation of the respective user-exits) you will have everything prepared once the exits are developed.

You might also want to check the document for further information.

Cheers,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for a very helpful explanation