Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA for writing multiple sales organizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create new materials with multiple plants & sales organizations.

I am having material description & other details.

I am using BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA for this purpose.

I want to create multiple plants against one material descriprion & multiple sales organizations against one material descriprion.

One material should be generated for one material description with multiple plants/Sorg's.

How to do it using above BAPI!

Note: It is not extending already existing material with multiple plants & sales organizations.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Deep.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can always add only one plant/SO combination during a single BAPI call. So does the standard transaction works as well.

The short text is available in the general data of the Material Master. It is not dependent on the plant or sales data. We can maintain multiple Short texts in different languages.

While creating a Material, we can always assign to one plant and one sales organization at one particular time. Once the material is created, additional plants and Sales Organizations can be created/added to the Material.

Regards,

Yogesh

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Pass that material number with the other plant and its corressponding storage location it should be extended to that plant also.

For any other issues kindly revert back.

Avishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can always add only one plant/SO combination during a single BAPI call. So does the standard transaction works as well.

The short text is available in the general data of the Material Master. It is not dependent on the plant or sales data. We can maintain multiple Short texts in different languages.

While creating a Material, we can always assign to one plant and one sales organization at one particular time. Once the material is created, additional plants and Sales Organizations can be created/added to the Material.

Regards,

Yogesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

With in input file loop

1. I will select generated mat no from BAPI_MATERIAL_GETINTNUMBER based on ind.typ & mat.type.

2. Then i will pass this material no in the first loop to BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA with one plant & in the next loop next plant till next material created.

In this way i can append multiple plants to same material in creation mode(first time itself).

I hope same applies to multiple sales organizations against generated materiial.

Thanks,

Deep.