cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we set the default client no. in stms

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

need to ask how can we set the client no. in stms transport option a default client no. which should be displayed automatically in the target client option. my quality server is my domain controller

Thx

Regards

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shilpa

Go to Transport Routes.

Double click on the Target System

Go to the Standard Transport Layer tab.

Add the client details and save.

Hope this helps!

PJ

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shilpa,

This can be done at the time of STMS configuration.

You have to choose option Extended Transport which will give you the option to add default client and other clients. For example with Ist transport layer the client is 300 on QUA system the default client will be 300.

While doing migration to QUA the system will show you the client as 300.

Thanks

LK

Former Member
0 Kudos

>This can be done at the time of STMS configuration.

>You have to choose option Extended Transport which will give you the option to add default client and >other clients. For example with Ist transport layer the client is 300 on QUA system the default client >will be 300.

>While doing migration to QUA the system will show you the client as 300.

Hi

after creating the transport Route with required transport layers the option for extended Transport is not there can you pls be into detail as from where this option can be selected secondly i have already set up TMS configuartion but the only scenario is which i want is the default client option in the client no. should be displayed , For further information mine in two system landscape and its working absolutely fine . Do i need to rework with that or can be modified the existing one only

thx

Shilpa

Edited by: Shilpa Chatrath on May 21, 2009 10:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shilpa

Did you already try this?

Go to Transport Routes.

Double click on the Target System

Go to the Standard Transport Layer tab.

Add the client details and save.

Hope this helps!

PJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the link posted by me above....You will get all the details step by step.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • Do not copy & paste.

Always quote the source.

http://www.sap-img.com/basis/transport-request-within-same-server-different-clients.htm

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: Juan Reyes on May 20, 2009 1:33 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i remember you can do that by adding the "client specific settings" under "Standard transport layer" tab in "change system attributes".

For that you have to logon to the domain controler and edit the target system configuration in STMS

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you pls b more specific into tht ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you look at this

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2e/709536ef9b11d184850000e8a57770/content.htm]

Regards,

Muralidhar

Former Member