cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Purchase Requisition - Material Short Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating a new purchase requisition by copying an existing purchase requisition using the document overview in ME51N, the material short text is always copied from material master (makt-MAKTX) instead of the line item (eban-TXZ01) from the source purchase requisition.

Is there a way to set up copy control for short texts as there is for long texts ?

using ECC 6.0

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mauro_bianchi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Unfortunately no, when you copy the PR from another PR the System redetermined some fields from the material master,these fields are :

Planned Delivery Time,

Unit of Measure,

Material Short Text

Goods Receipt Processing Time,

Material Category,

MRP Controller...

This system behaviour is intended since many companies more often change the data in the material master rather than copying a purchase requisition that contains changed material data.

Regards,

Mauro

Former Member
0 Kudos

that what I have figured out...

It just doesn't make any sense:

In some area you don't have a specific material master record in the system, so you might want to use a 'dummy material'.... Yes - you don't have to use a material master, you could leave blank and create the line item based on the material group instead. But since the account determination is done based on the valuation (material master), for a lot of companies it is more helpful to use dummy materials (per valuation class).

In addition - when copying a purchase requisition you can setup the system to also copy all the long texts (sometime with very specific information). So why not copy the short text too....

former_member862468
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mauro/Thomas

I am facing the similar issue is there any solution for this problem or whats the best approach

Issue i am facing is

For Generic Materials(Printers, Desktops), While Creating a Purchase req with reference to Purchase req the text in the item should be copied from the refrence Purchase requisition?

Presently the text in the Item is getting copied from the Material Master Data

Please advise

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

just try doing following ,i havent tried

got spro>mm> Purchasing>Purchase Requisition>Texts for Purchase Requisitions>Define Copying Rules

here select Material PO text and click on Text linkages

here for Material Master Purchase order text set the "Fixed" indicator for texts" as blank (default will be N)

now check

regards

kunal