cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to paste the components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I encountered a very strange problem. The Xcelsius file had been created and amended for some time. Now, I copy the latest version and then do some amendment as usual. When clicking a chart, the property doesn't point to correct object. Then, I bring to front to the tabs and click on the chart again. The correct property shows. When I try to copy that chart, select copy after right click. Copy it, but found paste function is disabled. The same thing to all charts in the file. I can only copy, but not paste. What is the problem?

Lilian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lilian,

Which version of Xcelsuis you use?

Sunso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Verision 5.1.3.0 with Build Number 12,1,3,495.

I have no clue to solve this problem. It is really such a serious problem in using an applicaton. Just today, I stimulated the same problem.

I used a "normal" Xcelsius file and do the amendment as usual. Suddenly, it crashed (it is a normal incident to me). Then I reopen the file again and I am unable to use the paste function then.

Lilian

Former Member
0 Kudos

any progress on my question?

Lilian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lilian,

I got the same behavior once, but I still could not reproduce it after that. because the xcelsuis is not easy to crash in my machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am reverse. Xcelsius is very easy to crash in our team. Would you please share your good experience not to make it crash? What is the file size of your Xcelsius? How your computer hardware configuration?

Thanks for your sharing.

Lilian

Former Member
0 Kudos

OS Version: Windows XP SP2

Office Version: Office 2003 SP1

Flash Player Version: FP 9.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

how about CPU & RAM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Itel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

2.99GHz, 1024 MB of RAM

Sunso

Former Member
0 Kudos

how about the file size?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each file I use is about 10k

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's why. Mine is over 800k.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xcelsius makes me very frustrated this time since this problem appeared. I cannot think of any solution and no one suggest me how to fix it. Finally, I did something stupid - to recreate a totally new Xcelsius file from the beginning. It is such a wasting time exercise that I don't think I should spend time here.

At the end, it doesn't help. The problem happens again. What is a BIG disaster.

Consultant, would you please give me a suggestion ASAP?

It is a very serious issue. We carry many reports using Xcelsius and I don't know when this problem happens in other reports. And of course we have no clue to solve it.

Is there any limitation to Xcelsius? My file size is over 800k usually. It consumes a lot of memory (>400k).

A very strange observation is we use the problematic file and delete all components, excel data and save it. There is nothing we can see. Yet, the file is slightly smaller, but still more than 700k. We can still see components in object browser. Then we reopen the saved file and found components are present in canvas. How ridiculous it is.

Kindly follow the problem immediately and seriously. It definitely affects us significantly!

Lilian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any chance to see any feedbackk on my problem?

Lilian