Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Behaviour of MII with Datediff built in function in BLS

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's one strange thing happening with MII 11.5 when using datediff built-in function in BLS

I will create a Local Variable called Dur of type Double.

and then Assign datediff(startdate,enddate)/3600 value to Dur Variable

where startdate = 05/01/2009 07:00:00 and enddate = 05/03/2009 07:00:00

both start and end dates are in proper xml formats.

When I evalute this expression I get a value of 48 hrs which is right but when I assign the same thing

to Dur variable and when I check value of Dur in Tracer it shows me as 47 hrs.

This is true for all the datediff values greater than 28 hours till 28 hrs I get exact results but after 28 hours I see this pattern where I get output = (Actual hrs - 1)

Please note I checked the same thing in MII 12 but not found any such strange issues.

Any thoughts on this odd behaviour .........

Regards,

Adarsh S P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

I used datediff like this:

>datediff(day, '01/01/1900',(Start_Date - End_Date))

It worked for me...just try it.

Regards

Arpil

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpil,

I don't think we have such format of datediff in BLS, atleast not in SAP MII 11.5

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

What version of Java are you using? I'm leaving for holiday, but if you are still having difficulty, I will do some testing early next week when I return.

The recommended java version for the xMII server for 11.5 is 1.4.2_13 and I suggest the JRE for client machines, 1.4.2_13 and greater (but still in the 1.4.2 family).

Kind Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

What version of Java are you using? I'm leaving for holiday, but if you are still having difficulty, I will do some testing early next week when I return.

The recommended java version for the xMII server for 11.5 is 1.4.2_13 and I suggest the JRE for client machines, 1.4.2_13 and greater (but still in the 1.4.2 family).

Kind Regards,

Diana

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

We are using Java 1.4.2_13 on server and client machines are running on Java 1.5 family.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Enjoy your holidays.

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Can you advise me what 1.5 java version your client machines are using? I haven't been able to reproduce the problem so far, and this information will be helpful. Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest that you follow this post and its links for your answer:

[DST|]

Good luck,

Mike

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

I am using Java 1.5_10 version on my machine and most of the client machines run 1.5 family( with slight difference in updates)

I went through the SAP Notes sapnote_0001050730 suggested by you earlier in this thread.

Do we need to deploy the LHCommon.jar file for this issue as suggested in sapnote?

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Since the note was issue prior to 11.5 SP06, this fix has already been rolled up into SP06. I believe the best recourse is for us to work through your CSS message, and, when we find the solution, we will post it here. I look forward to our continued dialog via the SAP Support System.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

We will give it a try.....and will post back the outcome

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

I am wondering if you are using an older version of xMII 11.5. I seem to recall a problem with this function (see SAP note 1050730). I would suggest, if you have not done so, to upgrade your 11.5 install to the last service pack, 11.5.6, available on the Service Marketplace in the Archives section.

Version 11.5.6 is out of maintenance as of last October, and this was the final service pack. I would suggest you move forward and begin planning to upgrade to the last xMII version (currently 12.0.7).

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

I guess version might be the issue.

We are using SAP xMII 11.5.3 b66 version.

I hope I can find the service pack and resolve the issue.

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adarsh,

Go to the Service Marketplace Downloads section.

Downloads - > Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Archive for Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> Composite Applications -> SAP XMII ->SAP MII ->SAP XMII 11.5 -> Win 32

A rather long navigation path, I think I got it all

- Diana

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daina,

First thanks a lot for help, I need bit more assistance..

I found Service Pack 5 and Service Pack 6 from Archive folder.

But our SAP MII version says 11.5.3 b66 so here are couple of things I would like know

1) I believe we are running on SP 03. is my understanding right?

2) If yes then can we install directly the SP 06 on top of SP 03?

3) If No then do we need to first install SP 04, then SP 05 and then SP 06?

4) where will I find SP 04?

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Just install 11.5 SP06 on top of 11.5.3. There is not need to install the other SPs - SP06 is cumulative.

Let us know how you make out.

Kind Regards,

Diana

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

We successfully installed the Servie Pack 6.

But, unfortunately the above issue still persists.

Is there anything else we need to do, any additional patches, plugins etc etc...

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh

I checked in 11.5 using tracer action block and same start date and end date.But I am getting 48hrs.

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

I am not sure whether its problem with cache or buffering or Java but to me its still showing as 47 hours so funny yet true.

Thanks for your quick check and response.

Regards,

Adarsh