cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction from SAP ERP to a non-sap data warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client has a source SAP System but for the data warehouse he use a non-sap system u2013 SAS.

It is possible to use the standards datasources of the SAP ERP to extract the information from this system to the SAS data warehouse?

Best regards.

Sérgio Pinto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well.. everything its possible....but you must know that the way SAP systems (BI, R3) send and receive information is through IDOCs, that are XML templates where the information comes, BI and R3 have the structures and logic for process all the templates that exist; now your new datawarehouse system need to have the logic for process every IDOC that BI send, its a lot of logic.....and must have a process that will expect the connection and all the IDOCs of BI....its a very expensive solution to build that...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

But, can I not use an webservices to transfer the data from the datasource of the ERP SAP to the non-SAP wata warehouse?

Best Regards.

Sérgio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sérgio;

Have you try infospokes?

Once I have to send data from ERP to a non sap CRM system and this was the implemented method.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/66/76473c3502e640e10000000a114084/content.htm

But probably you will need some support from basis to do the connections between both systems.

Regards;

Ricardo