cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting and retrieving data between companies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have two companies A & B and logged in to Company A .My issue is :is it possible to post data simultaneously to both A and B and retrieve it.Please help me ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think what Petr means is that you can have two instances of the DI API connected (ie two company objects) and you could transfer data between the companies in this way.

I strongly recommend you DON'T replicate data between companies directly through SQL unless that data is only in your own user-defined tables. If you copy data through SQL from any system tables then you will violate your support agreement with SAP, potentially ending up with no support from SAP if anything goes wrong.

You could look at either the B1i integration solution or the new SOA architecture as possible platforms for intercompany transactions. You could also look at third-party integration suites that work with SBO (a google search should tell you which ones are available).

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you may connect to both companies through ocompany object and make changes in both companies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont' think we can do it this way.

becuase company object always pointing one company at a time.

if you want to update 2 database, make a replication at sql server side. that would be increases performance too.

thanks

kv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please elaborate on connecting two companies using oCompany object.

Thanks,

Sherine

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sherine James,

Are you asking this in the context of programming on AddOn or manually using SBO screen to do it ?

If you are referring to programming, what petr is referring is as simple as

Dim oCompany1 as SAPBOBScom.Company
Dim oCompany2 as SAPBOBScom.Company

oCompany1 = SBO_Application.Company.GetDICompany

The you provide all the information to connect to oCompany2 such as The Server, License server, etc..

Regards

Edy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sherine,

The method posted of using company1 and company2 would work as you would then have 2 seperate company objects and can interact with them individually.

Personally I would not follow this approach. While it would work, the possibility of mistakes or issues due to confusion or for unforseen issues to arise due to simultaneous use of the API makes it the less attractive option to me.

Instead, as there is both SOA architecture or B1i available, I would look into these solutions as not only will they avoid the above issues, they would save on some implementation time.

Regards,

Niall