cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document management before go live

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a small query regarding handovering hte documents to the client. One of my friend is in a SAP project and they have kept all their blueprint documents / user manuals / TS / FS etc. in their properietry tool. The go live is about to happen and they did not

implement or use SAP solution manager for documentation untill now. As a part of the go live, these all documents - blueprint documents / user manuals / TS / FS etc. are to be handed over to the client. My question is, what would be the best way to hand over

th documents to the client. They cannot hand over the proprietry document tool to the client. Should they upload the documents in SAP solution manager and hand over or should they hand over the documents on to a separate file server or they should upload

the documents in SAP R3 document management system module . Their main point of concern is that they have implemented ESS / MSS and they want that the ESS users should be able to access these documents on ESS. If they hand over the documents in

Solution Manager, how would the ESS users be able to access these documents in ESS? is there a way out?

Or they should use the document management system to upload the documents and the ess users will be able to access them.

Please suggesst.

Also please suggest some links on how to go for managing documents in Solution manager or SAP R3 document management system.

Regards,

Ronnie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronnie

If Solution Manager is not implemented then At end of each phase these documents are handed over to client.Irrespective of what tool you use to store.

And yess if Solution manager is implemented you can store all document in Solution Manager.How to do ? A solution Manager expert/Basis will be able to give you good Idea about it.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello. Thanks for the reply. Could you plerase share some Solution manager tutorial links with me? and what about the user accessing the documents in ess? he wont have a solman login id. Can you plerase suggest?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If I upload any document in Solution manager, can I make a URL of the same document and access the documnent is my html frontend tool or ess?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ronnie

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronnie

I think you should post your question in Sol Man Forum.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cc1ec146-0a01-0010-90a9-b1df1d2f346f]

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/02/5ec13690581b20e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm]

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c04f30f0-6b6f-2b10-7891-df429b20770e]

Thru Web DMS you can send the url information and access to other users or else in any screen of chnage and display you can find Send object with note functionality .

could be a workaround - try and if fessible then apply it

Select GOS - generic object services function at the top of any Chnage or displat screen

Select Create> Create External Document > specify the path and paste the File path >save it

Again this could be seen under Attachment list .

Send this thru Send object with note facility.

Regards

Muralidharan.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robo,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using transaction SOLAR01 to upload my documents in SOLMAN, now where will I find this generic object service? Is there any other transaction where I should go? Kindlly explain. Maybe I am not getting a clear idea of your hint.

Regards,

Ronnie

Answers (0)