cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Infosource

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to APO , so please guide me step by step to create infosource , and if possible send me some document on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Jitendra,

To create info source follow below mentioned steps.

1. Go to Transaction RSA1

2. Click on Info Source which you can see below the modelling which is located left hand side top.

3. right click on info source that is below the refresh button & create Application component.

4. Then right click on created application component & press create info source button.

5. Here give the tech. name & description of info Source.If you have data source & you want to copy info source from that data source then select object type data source & enter appropriate data source, Source system & then press continue button.

6. Then you will find the info source screen, here you have to click on blank filed below info object, you will find push button.If you copied data from data source then you click on to push button then you get info object automatically otherwise you have to enter appropriate info object as per your requirement.

7. Then check the info source & then activate it.

8. Now your info source is ready.

9. You can assign info source & data source , Info Source & info Cube with the help of transformation.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay,

Thanks for the detailed reply , Actuly I was trying this option but in the infosource creation screen , copy from field is mandatory and in that copy from "object type" we have 4 choices,

Data source

Infosource

datasource object

Infocube,

1. What is the significance of these 4 objects.

Even if, I choose either of these 4 choice , system says I dont have authorization for display of infosource. I have asked for authorization from Admin. i hope this issue will be resolved with this.

another

2. I jump to next step now , Create Update rule. - In update rule i need to specify 1 infosource , I tried to use some existing infosource and then tried to cteare the routine and activate , but its not happening , can you please guide me , what is the relation between Infocube i created previously, Infosource and update rule.

Thanks

Jeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Actually Info Source is the mediator between Data Source & Info Cube. So you require transformation to connect Data Source & Infosource other is Info Source & Info Cube. The transformation itself content Update rule & Communication Structure.

I will give you basic structure of Extraction process.

Planning Area>Data Source>Info Package>Application Component>InfoSource>Transformation betn Data Source & Info Source>Info Area>Info Cube>Transformation betn Info Source & Info Cube -->Data Transfer Process.

This is the normal Structure of Extraction Process.

Now if you are connection Data Source & Info Source or Info Source & Info Cube, both should have same info object so transformation should create successfully.

So try to create data source depends up on DP planning area then replicate it in to APO BW, then create further extraction process. So you will get correct extraction process & further you can extract data from planing area & stored it in to info cube.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Sujay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendar,

Please use this link to create the infosource

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/b9/b9df3b2ab6ca08e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.