Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delet queries & workbook in BWQ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can someone show me how to resolve the following questions:

1) How to delete queries in BWQ but they were created in BWQ and are not in BW DEV? Is there any way that I won't cause problem in BWQ?

2)How to delete my queries in BW Dev if someone created her own personnel query view & web template based on my queries??

3) How to delete workbook in BW Dev?

Thanks.

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

1.If you have created queries in BWQ you can delete them by clicking on delete icon.If you dont have authorization you will nt be able to do it.It will be greyed out.Also if you have created workbooks or views based on a particular query you may nt be able to delete it unless you delete those.

2.You may nt be able to delete your query unless you delete those query views ,web templates which are using the query to be deleted.

3.You will be able to delete the workbook if you have proper authorization.You can do it in bex analyzer-open-workbooks and select the workbook and delete.

Also make sure while deleting the queries/workbooks/views whether you really dont need them and also if any one else is nt using them in their webtemplates .

-Doodle

Message was edited by: Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noodle,

My first question was <b>if it is ok for me to directly detely queries in BWQ;</b> I know normally you are not supposed to change anything in QA. Thanks.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

One more question; if I create one testing query and transport to BWQ; how to delete it by transport? Thanks.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J,

If you have created the queries in BWQ then you would have to delete in BWQ directly only and there is nothing wrong with it, as long as you have not transported them to some other environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Thanks for the information; cannot assign point now due to the system issue.

If it is possible, can u answer me another questions?

1) if the testing query was created in BW dev and transported to BWQ; do I still need to directly delete from BWQ? If not, please let me know how.

2) I tried to delete my workbook but it failed. I guess that I don't have authorization. How to get the authorization for it?

Thank you ver much.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noodle,

Based on your answer 3, I already tried but I did't have 'delete function' when I open my workingbook. Do u know why? Thanks.

J.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

You can delete workbooks using SE37 > RRMX_WORKBOOKS_DELETE.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Can you please point out what steps I need to do?

It seems that I need to do ABAP but I am not a ABAP programer.

Thanks.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

You dont need to do any ABAP.You need to execute the func module from se 37.

SE37>Funcmodulename>click third buttontest/execute

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try transaction RSZDELETE. If you specify query, it will then prompt you to delete all workbooks built off that query...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doodle,

I never used it before so I would like make sure before I do.How can I specify the query; I don't want to delete all query. Thank.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to be careful with this program because it is a search and destroy. Specify a particular query string (for example ZQ_SALES*). It will find all queries with that name. You can check which ones to delete and then hit execute. Then it will prompt whether you want to delete all dependent objects, and it will delete workbooks and the such.

If you run this program for a variable, it will prompt you to delete dependent objects, which could bring your system crashing, depending on that variable's usage, so be careful.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If you are using the function module through SE37 (as I mentioned in the previous post) then you need to put in the technical name (GUID like string) to identify the workbook. You can see this in the BEx open dialog box: Open > Workbooks > Turn on the technical name.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I use 'rszdelet' but it seems doesn't work on. I don't see any technical name for my workbook. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

I did. But it didn't work. There is an error.

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

RSZDELETE is for deleting queries nt for workbooks.

After knowing your workbook's techname from BEx u need to goto se37 and enter this techname to delete this particular workbook.

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for all useful information. I finally delete them by using rszdelet to delete the query and dependent workbook.

But for another workbook, i only want to delete the workbook not including the query. Any suggestion?

J.

Answers (0)