cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table header - page break

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have table in my smart form and when it come to the end of the page the header is printed in the bottom of the page and the main area in the next page .

I want the table will print in one page with no break.

I've selected the "No Page Break" in the table properties.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible that the field 'Minimum Height' of the table definition in the Smartform could help here. In your Smartform, please go to the table node. e.g.

/nsmartforms -> <Smartform> -> Window

-> table <Table>

-> tab Table -> button Details

-> Minimum Height:

This is the way how the minimum height works: If you set the minimum height e.g. to 5cm, the system checks, whether there is more than 5cm left on the first page. If not, the processing of the table (always)

starts on the second page. This is independent of the real height of the table header (when the processing of the table starts, the system doesn't know yet, what is the real height of the header; this is the reason why the field 'Minimum height' was created).

Regards,

Aidan

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gil,

What are you trying to print on Smartform.

If they are some line items, then check how many line items are printing on the main window on 1st page. Let it be x line items.

Then calculate the number of line items in internal table. If the number of line items in table are greater than x i.e. it could print on 1st page, create a page break and then print the table, else print it on the first page itself.

Regards,

Ravi

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gil,

It would be best if you create seperate windows for header and main data. This way you can keep the header always at the top of the page and main data following it.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Now i see that the header and some data from the main area are printed on the 1st page and the rest in the 2nd page there the header is printed again .

I want if there is no palce for the table in the 1st page so it will print in the 2nd page.

What is the problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

After Main Area.. Create a Folder -- and add all ur table line under the folder

and then click on the page protection tab under output option tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes minimum height it was . i've set it to 2 CM. now it works fine.

Thank you.

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its better u create a seperate window for ur header this way header will be alwyas present on starting of new page and content will follow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try folder option.

Create a folder and put ur table into that . and make page protection active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write all the lines to be protected in a file node in the main area. Or create the lines as subnodes

then choose the options tab page of the file node and set the Page Protection option.

Regards,

jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Increase the main Window height and check.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry maybe i didn't explain my self right.

I want the table will print in one page when there is a page break and not the header in page no.1 and the rest in page no.2 in this case i want the whole table to be print in page no.2.

Thanks.