cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required while publishing product data in Adobe InDesign

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed MDM7.1 publisher(build version- 7.1.01.46) and Adobe InDesign CS3(version-5.0.4) in my local system.

I also installed the plug-in for InDesign version CS3 - the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005

SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) in my local system.

While publishing data from MDM publisher to Adobe InDesign, it's not populating data in Adobe InDesign window.

What would be the problem while publishing, is there any other plu-ins required apart from the above.

Please help me if any have idea's related this.

Thanks,

RDNPrasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is InDesign running on the machine specified in the Publish dialog's Paper Module property?

HTH,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

Yes Indesign CS3 was running

Instead of I entered my computer name at the network, and after some tries it worked to some extent

We got it working, but at the end of every publication, Indesign stopped with an error message and was shut down.

I tried to publish again today, but now nothing happens, no page is generated in Indesign

I tried to generate a XML file and got this "IE7 error" on a 0 kb file:

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

The plugin is: MDM Paper Module, Version 7.1.02.59

Indesign CS3, version 5.0.4

MDM publisher : 7.1.01.46

Kind regards

Kurt

Edited by: Kurt Jørgensen on May 27, 2009 12:02 PM

Edited by: Kurt Jørgensen on May 27, 2009 12:03 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this, it explain everything in steps for Publishing.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90f05885-162c-2c10-fba6-fffae962...

Kurt ,

Your Adobe in design should be open, after that try to Publish your Section it will come to your adobe in design. you also need SAP MDM Paper Module Plug in.

Best Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thank you for the answer.

but Indesign is open, and the paper module is there too

while trying to publish to XLM I get this:

"XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/xxxxx/Local Setting..."

it might give a clue as to what my problem could be.

/Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved

It was a local VPN security problem that prevented the Indesign pages being sent, even when I was not using VPN.

Also after we installed the MDM version 7.1.02.59, the problem with InDesign closing because of an error connected with Microsoft C++ SP1 redistributable package (x86) is solved too.

/Kurt