Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW Error while conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one doubt that why error " 'For type "C", a maximum length specification of 65535 is allowed' comes while executing convert data step of newly imported LSMW.

Please suggest something on this.

Thanks

Vishal

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check if , for any variable, you didnot specify the length of the variable.

0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

I am importing the LSMW from development server to Assurance server. Although the LSMW is working fine in Development server but in assurance server the same imported LSMW is not working i.e. during Convert data step of LSMW and throwing the above mentioned error. I have checked the field lengths are fine.

0 Kudos

goto step5 Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules and do the syntax check ,these itself you can find the which filed have the error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In LSMW step "Maintain Fixed Values, Conversion, User-Defined Routines",

change the properties of the fixed value or the conversion to a length

longer than '0'.

To ensure that this problem no longer occurs (when you create a fixed

value again), fixed values and conversions are created with field length

'1' and type CHAR by default, so long as you do not specify a different

length. This occurs after you use transaction SNOTE to implement the

correction instructions or import the relevant Support Package.

I hope it helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

based on your requirement and which data type we want using in the varibale and like statement is possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

The problem you are facing has is due to some problem in your data file. I suppose you are using tab delimited text file format for your data file.

For solving your problem do the following:

1. Specify the delimiter correctly(if there) in the specify files step of LSMW.suggest you to use tab delimited text file format

2.Check if all the fields have been correctly mapped.

3. Check for the presence of double quotes(") or comma(,) in your text file and remove them if it is okay. Please note that double quotes may result in data being interpreted incorrectly.

4.check for the presence of any line feed(enter) in all the columns for all records in the excel file.After removing the line feed, convert it to text file. Note: this can be easily found out in the display read data step. In case an column is having a line feed its alignment would be different in the display read data.

5.Check for any space after the last heading in the header line(if you are having a header line in the text file) and remove it if it is there.

This should solve your problem.

In case you still face the problem, let me know

Regards