cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

foreign trade - invoice split

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

an export sales order has several partial deliveries, with different goods issue dates. when attempting to collectively invoice the deliveries, the split analyses show the following:

1. billing due date (as a result of goods issue date)

2. foreign trade data (in the delivery)

3. translation date (related to foreign exchange and goods issue date)

in domestic transactions, we can collectively invoice deliveries with different goods issue dates if we specify a billing date. the challenge is getting around items 2 and 3.

would you think it is feasible to enter "redetermine foreign data in the billing document" in VTFL for the billing and delivery document headers to allow collective invoicing?

if not, i observed that the number range of the foreign data number (assigned to delivery) can be external. as such, can a foreign data number be assigned to more than one delivery to allow for collective billing? and are there configuration steps to make the translation date be based on sales order instead of goods issue?

many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have different Goods Issue Date and the same can be consolidated into one billing document via VF04 where you click "Default Data" tab and maintain a date against the field "Billing date" or "Date of services rendered".

With regard to foreign trade data, in VTFL, at header level, you can see a field "Determ.export data". Maintain blank field here so that invoice will not split due to this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, lakshmipathi!

i found the "Default tab" and this is very useful. i wonder what the "asynchronous" versus "synchronous" settings will do - perhaps with updating/saving of documents?

i have already tested collective invoicing with transactions after leaving the relevant field in VTFL blank. however, splitting still occurs. split analysis still shows the translation date and foreign data as splitting reasons.

perhaps there are other settings i missed?

many thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i have already tested collective invoicing with
 transactions after leaving the relevant 
   field in VTFL blank

Do you mean to say that after changing the VTFL settings, you have created a new order or against the existing order, billing document was generated ??

Perhaps, it would be better if you check for collective invoice after creating a new sale order. Nevertheless, I will also check at my end and update.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, lakshmipathi!

i made the settings in the wrong delivery type (hahahaha)... sorry...

anyway, i tried putting in "redetermine data in billing" and it worked. however, i will still test this on new sales orders after i leave this field blank and see if i have the same results.

i will update this thread.

thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, lakshmipathi. hello, friends.

the test results seem to support the selection of "B" (re-determine in billing) in copy controls, to allow collective invoicing.

if left blank, foreign trade data will be the cause for invoice split. however, i will not yet discount the possibility that there may be other settings that allow collective invoicing if the foreign trade data is left blank.

i will be closing this thread for the meantime. but if anyone can have better inputs, please update this thread, or send me a message so i could re-open this. my YM ID is goldleaf_00.

many thanks!!!