cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Configuration - Technical System and Business System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed SAP Solution Manager with local SLD and i want to use this system as Central SLD for my System Landscape. Later on i have installed other SAP Products like ECC,BI,PI etc.

Some of the systems i registered with previously defined SLD in Solution Manager, but some system i forgot to register with SLD during installation.

I am not sure or aware what is the difference between SLD configuration during installation and after installation.

If i have Register the System during installation will it register automatically with SLD or we have to do manually.

If i have not register system during installation and later on i want to register particular system with SLD what is procedure for that.

Can some one share knowledge on What is Technical Systems and Business System in SLD Configuration, i tried to do some activity for SLD Configuration but after seeing above both terms i was confused so for time being i stopped this activity.

Looking forward for kind response.

Best Regards,

V.Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below link

Regards,

srinu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please validate and go ahead. as your landscape seem to be hetregenous, you need to understand the requirement and feasilbilty to your organisation.

some times you get performance problems by registering extra components in the SLD

you can every thing from this note and also see the pdf in the note.

Note 1310721 - FAQ: SLD - System and Landscape Directory

All the best

nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its ok even if you have forgotten to register to the SLD during installation.We can regaister after installation.Since SLD runs on java engine then if you go to http://<ipaddress or hostname of the server>:5<instancenumber>00/sld

If you go into that you can click on administration button and follow the instructions as in the link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/31/f0ff69551e4f259fdad799a229363e/frameset.html

Difference between technical systems and business systems is that business systems are used in PI/XI.Whereas technical systems are nothing but your ECC , CRM etc.You have to use business systems only when there is a case for connecting to XI/PI.Hope i have answered your quesries if not please let me know.