cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Portal Login Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP EXperts!!

We have BI Portal. I was able to login and work yesterday. But today when i am trying to login with any user, it is giving :Authentication Failed", I checked for User locked, Reset the password or create a new user, it is not allowing me to login.

I could not find any thread relevant to this issue. Please someone throw light on this.

Regards

Vanitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are you using as UME?..

I checked for User locked, Reset the password or create a new user, it is not allowing me to login.

What user did you use to logon?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are trying to change the password in the abap stack. If i am not wrong.

First make sure which abap client is mapped to the BI Portal. Then in 'Strustsso2' tcode, check the validity of the certificate.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you using LDAP.if Yes then check that your LDAP is up

if not then please let me know what all activities were performed last night or you changed some parameter in configtool.

Please also check the User SAPJSF.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Kindly tell me the procedure to check if LDAP is up.

I did not make any changes in the configtool except adding the IP address and message server port in Host and services file in BI server.

I am using a user called abcuser which we created. I tried with other users and also J2EE_ADMIN. I could not login.

Please suggest

Thanks a lot

Regards

Vanitha

JPReyes
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you look at this for LDAP

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/pages/viewpage.action&pageid=13710]

Regards,

Muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am able to login after restarting the complete server, and login with j2ee_admin and master assword. But when trying to preview and iview, i get the error message :

"com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failedConnect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=10.10.20.181 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=BIL MSSERV=sapmsBIL PCS=1ERROR Group PUBLIC not found"

Please give your valuable inputs

thank you

Regards

vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

You not have the "PUBLIC" group in your MS server ABAP part, try to check in SMLG, and create if it need.

P.S. or you have doing something wrong in this :

except adding the IP address and message server port in Host and services file in BI server.

try to recheck are IP and host name is correct ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

Thank you for your reply. I have already created logon group Sapce in the server, I have also set the IP address in etc file. But still i get that error. Please advice..

Regard

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos
have already created logon group Sapce in the server,

the log saying anything about Sapce or Space you want to write....?

In any case in log you can check the JCO exception writes about

Group PUBLIC not found , are you have group PUBLIC ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you add the entry in the /etc/services file also.

Thanks Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sergo,

Group Public is not there in SMLG. Group with name Space : with R/3 Instance and status green is there. I dont know where to add group Public.

I have entered the Ip address in host file and Message server port number in services file that is needed.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c4/3a64b4505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

and as i can see is your 2 question per thread, in next time close one thread and open new with new question.

Regards.

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Check the entries in /etc/services. Are there the entries for the message server defined?

e.g.

1. SAP System Message Ports

sapmsP80 3680/tcp

sapmsT80 3670/tcp

sapmsD80 3660/tcp

#

best regards,

Martin