Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating categories / hierarchial folder structure

former_member945471
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

I have created a query based taxonomy. What I find is the classification happens with same name as taxonomy name. If I need to add a folder structure for the classification to happen, how should it be done.

The documentation says"Now create the categories of the taxonomy manually in the form of individual folders. You do this in the Category Browser iView (Content Manager -->repositories --> Taxonomies). Name the folders and create a new folder hierarchy targeted to your needs."

However, I do not find that path. Please advise where and how exactly is this done.

Thanks and regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

let me just give u the steps for the same:

1) Create an index(classification) which will point to the repository created by you.In the Taxonomy specify a 'Query Based' Taxonomy.

2) Go to Content Management> Classification>Taxonomies. Open the folder(the taxonomy which you have created). Within that you will find another folder(the index which you have specified).Within this folder, create the folders(the required folder structure for classification).

3) Go to Content Management> Classification>Taxonomy Query Builder.Select your taxonomy and accordingly build the query as per your needs.

4) Once you have built the queries, go to actual path of that particular folder in Content Admin-> km content and upload a file which is in accordance with the built-queries so that the file will be classfied.

5) Now go to Content Management> Classification>Taxonomies and you will be able to see the file in the required folder(once it has been indexed).

Regards,

Prathamesh

former_member945471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prathamesh,

Would this mean that new set of folders would need to be created, even if we want to maintain same folder structure, and only classify into different folder in same structure?

Please advise.

Thanks and regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Yes, a new folder structure is to be created in the folder(index folder) under your taxonomy folder. These folders are meant only to classify the files which you will put in the Actual folder(in KM).

That is, there will be only one folder in KM(the data source of your index) where you will upload your files, but you will get a classified view(as if they reside in different folders) when you will see it under content management-> Classification-->Taxonomies.

former_member945471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prathamesh,

Thanks for your reply. However, I notice that folder structure starts with taxonomy name as root folder for category. If I want the category to be from root folder, what needs to be done?

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Actually the taxonomies folder comes under the root folder as you see in Content Administration->KM Content. Thus eventually the categories come under the root folder but can exist only under the taxonomies folder which cannot be bypassed.

Regards,

Prathamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Choose system admin>systemConfig>KM-->Index admin

a>select the index

b>Choose taxonomies and select new

c>Enter the taxonomy name and chhose query based

d>choose Ok

e>Select the taxonomy entry you have created a new windows open

f> From the context menu of the taxonomy folder choose New -->folder

g>Enter the name of folder here you are creating the categories of classification

h>repaet last steps for other categories this will be reflected in repositories framework

i> choose Content manager -->classification -->taxonomy quer builder choose taxonomy

h>calssification inbox open it

hope this helps please do not forget to give points

with regards

subrato