cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change details in BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one query like if we add or change any component in the bill of material we can see that details in CS02 at change docs overview or with CS80. But If we delete any component from the BOM that we can not see. where this change goes in the table. I have checked the STAS and STPO table also in SE16 but I have not found any delete change details. In CS80 also I got only doc number ,date ,user name and BOM number. but which iten has been deleted that I am unable to find .

please guide me where I can find this? I am not using any ECM here in my company.

Regards

Deepak Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not find these details, as the History will not be saved in STPO Table.

Unless you use the ECM, it is not possble.

Infact, if you use ECM also, there is an Authorization Object S_STUE_NOH is resonsible for this..

If it is yes, then only the History in STPO will be saved..

Best Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for reply. But why then we are able to see if we replace any component with the new one? This is also some sort of history. Please correct me if I am wrong. Any change means history for the old one. Now whether it is replacing or deletion change.

please guide.

Regards

Deepak sharma

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak Sharma,

As Mr.Sivakumar has mentioned its quite easy to trace the BOM changes through ECM - Change

number.

Also check whether AUT10 can help you for the T Code CS02 and for a date range.

Again using this you have to get the BOM header details using the BOM number.

Regard

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

Same ques. to you also:

" But why then we are able to see if we replace any component with the new one? This is also some sort of history. Please correct me if I am wrong. Any change means history for the old one. Now whether it is replacing or deletion change."

please guide.

Regards

Deepak sharma

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct..

I am not very sure about the logic why this is sou2026

But, I can say the consiquences if the component deletion data is available in STOP/STAS..

For e.g if you want to change the Base Unit of Measure or delete a Component/set deletion flag then system will check check where all this component being used??

System checks this data also in STPO/STAS etc.. If this entry is there then the above actions cannot be carried out..

That may be the reason, you can not see the component details, if you are taking out from the STOP.

For the addition to STOP, it is available..

I do not know any relevant OSS Notes available to explain or change this behavior.. But check from your side also..

Best Regards,

Siva

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

I'm not getting your question clearly,but check this.

A Change may be modification in the existing components quantity or any field in the BOM or else

addition of new components or else deletion of some components.

All this set of changes can be tracked using a change number easily.But if ECM is not used means I

dont think tracking will be easy or say correctly.

Now come back with your queries.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with you that by ECM we have a complete history by change number.

But if ECM is not there then if we change any component from the BOM that we can see in CS80 with old value and new value field. But why cant we see if we delete any component which was present earlier in the bom. There should also with old value and new value.

e.g : If we change any compoent then,

old value: xyz

new value: abc

Now if we delete any compoent, then,

old value : abc

new value : deleted

Like this we should have the history.

Can't we?

Regards

Deepak Sharma

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak Sharma,

In my understanding I dont think this record(deleted) will be available in the system.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot see what exactly is deleted from the system. You can only see 'record deleted'

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check in STAS again, you should find the field LKENZ have X for the component which was deleted from the BOM.

Check & revert.

Regards,

Vivek