Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not access the central system - CUA problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please help me with this problem.

Its just a test scenario, when everything will be good here, i have to do the same for Production.

We just did upgrade our R3 system from 4.6 to ECC6.0.

I created CUA on DB1100 ( Dev BW 4.6 ) with two child systems 1) DC1150 ( Dev CRM 4.6)

2) DE1400 ( DEV ECC 6.0 ).

Now everything is working fine between DB1100 and DC1150..

It works like CUA ( DB1100) and child (DC1150) systems as it should be.

But connection between DB1100 and DE1400 is not working fine. When you go to SU01 in DE1400, it does not allow me to change anything. It means connection is there and DB1100 is taking DE1400 as child system but when i am updating any user information or roles in DB1100 it is not updating child system DE1400.

And when i went to tcode SCUA in DE1400 it gave me this error.

"Could not access the central system DB1100".

I dont know whats happening. I did same config in DE1400 as i did in DC1150. DC1150 is working fine but not DE1400.

The most weird thing is that DB1100 is thinking DE1400 as child system and i can not make any changes to DE1400 directly.

please help me with this. What i can do to make this working between DB1100 and DE1400??

i need to do the same in production if it gets passed.

Thanks in Advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi mala_swa,

seems that you have a problem with the rfc-connections....

Please check in both directions. The connection have to work without problems.

Check SCUL in DB1100 - what is the status of the distributed users? Errors, unconfirmed?

Check idocs in DE1400. Are there some? What is their status?

The most common error is coming from not working rfc-connections. That brings for instance problems while generationg partner profiles, etc. Also the strict naming convention (log. system name=system name in CUA landscape = name of used RFC-connections) has to be considered....

So that are some points, that you could check.

good luck,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes there are problem in CUA. But if you regenerate the CUA it normally works fine. First, delete the child system(DE1400) from CUA by using program RSDELCUA in parent system(DB1100). Then again add the child system using SCUA. Try to do this.