Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW program

Former Member
0 Kudos

need to assign different roles to different users and the role number and user number is here big so need to create the LSMW program to accomplish this work, please let me know step by step procedure to create LSMW script/program to assign mutiple roles to mutiple users (here unique roles, if smae roles goes to all users may be we can use SU10 but different roles to different users, crazy spread sheet)

Lisa

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still SU10 will be the one you need

Record SU10 with LSMW or ECATT and assign one role to one user at a time in the recording.

0 Kudos

Jurjen,

Thanks for the answers and that is what we even decided to Go, can you please let me the step by step for LSMW.

0 Kudos

> can you please let me the step by step for LSMW.

Nope, sorry, I'm more of an ECATT person myself but I'm sure if you enter LSMW and tutorial in google you'll get plenty examples. Maybe not exactly for SU10 but once you've grasped the recording concept I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess your number of users are very high not number of roles. If your number of roles are not very hight why don't you go to PFCG for each role and assign corresponding users in User tab.

0 Kudos

OP states:

>and the role number and user number is here big

0 Kudos

even number of roles are high and here not all the users gets the same set of roles different users have different roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am creating the LSMW script to assign roles to users and I am stuck at number 4: Maintail Structure Relations and her eis the message I got:

No target structures could be found

Message no. /SAPDMC/LSMW_OBJ_030001

Thanks,

Lisa