cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new validation before saving the SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I am totally new at SRM. I’ve been reading all information I’ve been able to find. Not enough I´m afraid., because it doesn’t exist many documentation in the web.

I’ve to do some enhancement in an SRM-EBP system. And I would like to ask you for some basic tips that can help me to begin with.

How can I add a new validation before saving an SC?

The way I’ve thought:
1. Looking for in the HTML source code the Function Group that is call in the process, in the SC creation 3rd step (where the botton CHECK or CONFIRM appear).
2. Add the new validation in the PAI process. Show an error message if the validation fails.

Is this the correct way? Is it needed somethin more?
If I lauch an error message in EBP, is it shown directly in the HTML interface?

How can I add a new combobox field in the HTML interface?

The way I’ve thought:

3. Looking for in the HTML source code the Function Group that is call in the process where I want to add the new field.

4. Adding the field in the correct Dympro of the Function Group.

5. Associating an user help to this field.

Is this the correct way? Is it needed somethin more?

If I associate an user help to the field in EBP, is it shown directly in the HTML interface like a combobox?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suzor,

If you want to configure automatic workflow determination , you will have to code it via transaction SPRO in SRM (sapgui).

SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> SAP Business Workflow -> Define Conditions for Starting Workflows.

If you want to add "on the fly" new approval step in addition to the one determined automatically by the system, you can do it in the approval preview link of the shopping cart.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Yam,

but I don't understand your answer. I don't want to change the Workflow.

Regards,

Suzor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suzor

One can validate SC before ordering through BADIS

We can check attributes like cost center, material group and any of the elemtent which we want to validate

through Badis.

There are 2 badis which we have used

1 BBP_DOC_change_Badi

2 BBP_DOC_check_Badi

Kindly read the documenatation in SE18 for this BADIS.

regards,

Nimish Sheth

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suzor,

I didn't understand your question until Nimish answered it

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

So, in order to add a new validation before saving the SC I have to use one of the BADIs you have mentioned.

And I can launch an <b>error message</b> inside these BADIs, if the validation fail, that will be shown in the HTML interface, to alert the user?

Kind Regards,

Suzor

Message was edited by: Suzor .

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suzor,

Yes with badi BBP_DOC_CHECK, you will be able to define your additional checks and issue error or warning message in the web interface.

Kind regards,

Yann