Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am calling webservice from XI and got the following error message

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 503 Service Unavailable: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 503 Service Unavailable

Let me know how to resolve this.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. ... invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 503 ....

I have set communication channel's module tab. I have mentioned the localejbs/AF_Module/MessageTransformBean before the standard module with two parameters:

- parameter Transform.Class and value com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.Conversation.

- parameter Transform.ContentType and value text/xml.

There is problem in receive SOAP adapter. When the adapter processing locale module localejbs/AF_Module/MessageTransformBean, an exception

occured:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Path to object does not exist at AF_Module, the whole lookup name is localejbs/AF_Module/MessageTransformBean.

Can you help me?

JKA

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u post solution for this problem?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I am calling webservice from XI and got the following error message

>

> Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 503 Service Unavailable: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 503 Service Unavailable

>

>

> Let me know how to resolve this.

>

> Regards,

> Sreenivas

1. The WS application might be down.

Try to test the WS with a tool like XML spy and see if it is working fine.

2. Do you have a proxy in your n/w? Then make sure you provide those details in your CC

3. Further troubleshooting - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivas,

By default the SOAP adapter sends the SOAP message of content type text/xml, in case of some reasons if its not doing that, then you need to use the MessageTransformBean.

In SOAP communication channel's module tab you need to mention the AF_Module/MessageTransformBean before the standard module and with the parameter Transform.ContentType and value text/xml.

You can try with this, All the Best,

Regards,

Prasanna

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
HTTP 503 Service Unavailable

check if the webservice which you are consuming is running fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

error code 503 stands for Service Unavailable

This code indicates the server is temporarily unable to process the client's request. A server that becomes overloaded may use this code to let the client know that it can retry the request later.

Regards

Abhishek