cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSPCM Hangs and throws short dump (timeout)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on BW3.5 and have been running our system for over 2 years. Often, when I run the RSPCM transaction it takes forever and eventually throws a short dump due to timeout. I went through this thread which has a similar problem but the SE38 program RSPC_LOG_DELETE does not exist in our system. (Is this something new they introduced in BI7?)

Is there some other FM/report which can help to delete the logs in 3.5 or avoid this short dump in RSPCM?

Regards

Suhas

Edited by: Suhas Karnik on May 20, 2009 1:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

y cant you try running the program RSPC_MONITOR which gives RSPCM screen inturn

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shanthi,

Thanks for the response, it was really helpful. I tried RSPC_MONITOR and it worked. Also tried RSPCM, and this time the transaction worked as well.

The problem is, I have been facing this situation repeatedly for the last few months. RSPCM suddenly starts throwing short dumps for a period of a couple of weeks or so, then again suddenly starts working for the next few weeks. And this cycle repeats. Maybe BW is following a blow-hot-blow-cold mechanism!

I am not sure of the reason behind it, but if there is a way to solve this issue permanently that would be great.

Regards