cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing the mobile apps in Mobile simulator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I developed a mobile application(MI 7.1) and i am testing with the simulator which i get with the nwds .I want to test the applications with the windows mobile simulator.

What all things I have to install on my pc to test the applications in the windows mobile simulator as i dont have a PDA.

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh.A

Edited by: Rajesh A on May 20, 2009 7:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Check ouy my blog for a quick start on using the Windows Mobile emulator/simulator:

<a href="/people/veeraraagavan.rajachandrasekhar/blog/2009/03/19/quick-start-guide-for-using-windows-mobile-6061-standalone-emulator Start Guide for using Windows Mobile 6.0/6.1 standalone emulator</a>

Once you are up and connected to your Emulator through activesync. You just have to use it in a similar way to an actual PDA connected to the active sync.

The following are the components you need in the pda. Also remember that you need to create device in the doe administrator and enable it, so that you can upload the application and sync the client to get it.

1. pda_runtime_wince.cab

2.db2e.cab

3.pda_eswt_container.CAB

You can check out the following link for the same too:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/45/c2e027d3126bede10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

The blog is very useful.

I followed your blog and installed active sync and Windows mobile 6.0.

I installed the following in the simulator

java chreme 4.12,

mindb.cab,pda_runtime_wince.cab,pda_awt_container.cab,pda_jsp_container.cab,pda_eswt_container.cab.(version Sp7 patch 3 for all the cabs)

When I start the mobile client it is showing *starting mobile client * for couple of times and then client is disappearing.

please let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

After CrEme, You should install pda_runtime_wince.cab, and then db2e and then one of the three required run times, not all of them.

In Brief:

You would need eswt - for Mobile Handheld App developed in 7.1 NWDS

You would need jsp- for smart sync app migrated to 7.1 - Compatibility layer

You would need awt - for awt app migrated to 7.1 - Compatibility layer

What you need to do is first get a task manager like the one found here - http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

That is:

http://www.dotfred.net/TM/FdcSoft%20TaskMgr%20wm2005_3.1.cab

Install it onto the Emulator, start it and close/terminate/kill any CrEme.exe process found in process tab. After this remove (Start->Settings->System->Remove Programs) all Mobile Components - runtime, awt, jsp, eswt,mindb and then remove any traces like the folder \MI in "My Device" using File Explorer

Or you can Hard Reset the Emulator image too instead of the above.

Now install the required components - runtime, mindb and one of the three container options. Please note that if you hard reset the emulator, you have to install CrEme JVM again.

Hope that solves your issues.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear veera,

It worked.thank You.

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi veera,

From yesterday onwards the problem started again.The mobile client is not opening on the simulator.I deleted all the installed cab files and reinstalled.It didnt helped.Can you please help me .I am very much interested to see my appication in the simulator.

One thing I observed while installing the cab files is it is giving a message sufccessfully installed along with the following message.

the program u installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of windows mobile software

I am using nwclient 7.1 sp7 patch3.

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

When you say that the mobile client is not starting, you should first check with the Taskmanager for multiple instances of creme.exe, which if yes, is a problem and you have to kill/terminate the creme process and then try starting the client again.

It should be noted that when there is an instance of creme running, your uninstall sometimes will not be totally successful. You have to manually delete traces of Mobile Client like \MI etc. in your device. Then if you perform the installs, it should work.

Just a rule of thumb you must remember, when you think the Mobile Client is shutdown and you need to start it, it is always good to check whether creme instance/process (in other words the client instance) is running using the Task Manager tool, because trying to start a new instance with an existing instance with object locks is just gonna make your situation/troubleshooting/testing bad !

Regards,

Veera