cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA environment - changing the initial password of a user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I've encounter a perculiar issue when I assign an initial password to a user.

My system setup is based on CUA where my Central admin is client 100, with child client 200.

- I create an ID in client 100, set it to system 200, set initial password as "passW0rd". Save

- The ID was created in 200

- Logged in Client 100 using ID and "passW0rd", prompted for new password (i canceled the login)

- When back to client 100 CUA, in SU01 I select ID and click "EDIT", under the logon data I retype the initial password to "P4ssword"

- checked SCUL, it's green and user change

- Logged in Client 100 using ID and "P4ssword", error in password

- tried the old "passW0rd", prompted for new password.

I puzzled why the CUA did not redistribute the changed initial password to client 200, another can any ideas?

I also tried SU01 and click "reset password" button instead of "edit", the changed password was able to distributed to client 200.

By password change is ok this way or not ok if change within edit mode?

Thanks,

Jansen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you set the initial password in "edit" mode first time, in next time you need use -->

in SU01 write user name and press "change password" (Shift+F8) and go.

P.S. it is are 2 separete IDOC's one for password changing and second for user changing

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

Yes I realise the "change password" works but for my case I cannot use that function. Any other suggestions. Cos by right even if I were to change in the logon data it should work right?

Hi Juan,

Yes I've checked, the IDOCs are in and successful.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mmm... have you check the info sent in the idoc to see if it's been transmitted succesfully to the child system?

Regards

Juan