cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant field in Standard Network - Required

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i create a standard network , the plant field for activities is required..

i tried to check in "define screen selection" and it is not set to required...

is it always necessary to have plant in standard networks? if yes, why is this, if no how can i change settings so it is not required..

thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to OPS5 'profile data for standard Network' and delete the pre defined plant data and see. Probably this may help, I have not tried though.

Venu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Plant Field is mandatory for the creating the std. network.. in CN01 for the activity if you are not giving plant how the system will know when you copy the same to operative network.....

Second thing even in operative network activity plant is mandatory field, I believe. Operation is not having it's own importance without the plant. Just check in your system. But it should be mandoatory for the operative network as well.

Third is that if you are using template that menase most of the datag related to operation is not going to be change. Otherwisse you would have gone for the manual creation.

Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nitin,

thanks for your input..

i want to have std network without plant so that i can use it for projects with different plants... currently, when i use the std network to operative projects, it requests input of plant. however only the plant of the network header is changed, plant in the activity is same as std network, not from the input.... yes, i can change it but what if user forget to change it... so i was thinking of creating std network without plant so that when it is created in operative project, it will require the plant and user can input the correct/appropriate plant. i dont want to create new std network for each plant coz i have many plants..

regards

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I get your requirment. To make diff. Std. network is the only std. solution available in SAP.

One other way is there but htat you have to decide houw you can map the same.

say for ex. you are having 100 plants. And business requirement of 10 plants is same. like wise you have total 10 types of project structure requirement. ( so. 10 * 10 =100 )

In this case rather than creating 100 netwroks you can create 10 networks. only and for each of these network you can create 10 alternative / variant.

While coping you have to provide correct alternative no.

Apart from it there is not othere std. way you have to go for the development like as before saving the std. network sys should give you check message that check your operation's plant like as....

Regards

Nitin P.

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

If you don't want Plant field as a required field you can change the setting in transaction OPN6

for Plant field activate radio buttuon as a Input field.

Now check in CN01 transaction, Plant field must not be mandatory or Required.

It is a just Input field.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not set to required in OPN6..

also, even if i removed the predefined plant, still is required..

i dont know why it is required when it has not been set as required in the config...

hope someone could help or give other suggestions..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .

Without plant u cant save the activity. But u can change the plant when ur using this std .network . Once the network Header plant is changed by user exit CNEX0028 change plants of Activity with header Abap help is required here.

Rgds