cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running ssl service not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am trying to configure the SSL connection for SAP WAS 640 sp9 but facing problem. Here is the problem.

I connect with Visual Administrator and choose Server -> Services -> SSL Providers. I expected to see something on the right pane, but all I got is a message "a communication container with running ssl service not found.".

What shall I do to recover the ssl service?

thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I found the solution myself.

In config tool, the startup mode of ssl on both dispatcher and server should be set to "always".

I checked the setting before, the ssl on server is set to "always" but on the dispatcher, it is "manual". When I change it back to "always" and restart the WAS, it is OK now.

thanks you for your attention.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Narsi,

I am running SAP Web AS for java sp9 (standalone installation), and I think the procedure you provide only applies for Web AS for ABAP. Is that correct?

Regards

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please check in the Visual Administrator and choose Server -> Services -> Keystore

can you please check that you have SSL crenditial certificate created there if not create the SSL crendiatial certificate and then you shall get the SSL crenditial certificate there to add.

thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

thank you for the reply.

The answer is yes. There are both ssl-credentials and ssl-credentials-cert under service_ssl view. Their validity period is also correct. Actually I just created the ssl-credential with certificate because the original ones are expired. But I doubt this is the reason for the problem.

thank you.