cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetching data from Barcode Reader to xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need a small help on BarCode Reader. I need to get data through bar code reader and put the same details into textboxes in xMII Web Page. The card reader will save the data into database. But can someone tell me how to trigger the event each time the card reads data from a 3rd party source.

Regards

Muzammil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil,

>>I need to get data through bar code reader and put the same details into textboxes in xMII Web Page.

We do that alot here for a different web app, but the technology is the same for MII. I am working on

a page right now to Confirm Transfer Orders where the order number is barcoded.

Our readers are connected to the PC and act as if the data was typed at the keyboard.

--So if I start up Notepad and scan something, I see it in the Notepad screen.

When the web page loads, the page must automatically focus on the first input box.

--This is critical because if it doesn't do this, the user will have to click in the first input box manually.

--If there are applets on the web page it will be a challenge. The applets will remove focus when

they load ... and applets load asynchronously. I had to add this code on page loading to set focus

AFTER the applets loaded. (At least I hope 0.3 secs is enough...) I had to obfuscate the javascript,

but you get the idea.

set Timeout("document.getElementById('transferOrderNumber').focus()",300);

Program the barcode reader with the appropriate combination of data entry and tabs to put the

data into each field on the web page. Then program the reader to tab to the correct button and send

the Enter key. How to do this step depends on the capabilities of the specific barcode reader

and the layout of the web page.

Works great.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amy,

thnx for your reply. It works....

This is my first encouter with BarCode reader and i was a bit confused. thnx

Muzammil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Muzammil,

Check out this link:

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Ryan

Will check the link and get back to you

Regards

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Muzammil

Good to see you back !

"The card reader will save the data into database", are you saving the barcode data into Database using MII or some other tool pushing the data?

I did this using one third part software between Barcode reader & MII.

MII used to push data in DB so it was easy to handle.

How is your scenario !

Regards

Ram Upadhyay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your reply.

I know that BarCode reader will update the same into some database. But how to trigger the same in xMII? What connection we need to have between this barcode reader and xMII. thats my concern.

Regards

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muzammil

How it is going now ?

Check these 2 options to get barcode into MII. I used ACSIS's xDDI and DataLink tools to get data into MII.

Kepware (UCON) provides connectivity to serial devices as weigh scale, RFID and barcode readers, and other RS-232 devices. So you will get all tags via Kepware OPC server.

http://www.kepware.com/UCON_Protocol_Server_Brochure.pdf

WinWedge type solution that takes the signal from the device and decodes it to text.

It takes the signal and send it to active window's cursor position.

You can capture the barcode data into text box of HTML page, and further use it in MII.

Couple of threads are available about "how to connect barcode reader to MII" so just have a look on those threads too

Regards

Ram Upadhyay

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you share info. about barcode hardware / software you are using? You may evaluate bcWebCam utility.

BR,

SB