cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog codes and its application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to find the definition for this codes and its application in the UD or When we can use this code

Any SAP Help document or link will highly appreciated

A Accept

A0 Acceptance (automatic stock posting)

A1 Other batch

A2 Other material

AX Other acceptance decision (see UD text)

R Rejected

R11 Return delivery of defective quantity

R111 Return def. qty. with mail

R12 Return the total lot quantity

R121 Return the lot quantity with mail

R2 Rework the rejected quantity

R21 Rework the rej. qty. with mail

R3 Scrapping of rejected quantity

R31 Scrap the rej. qty. with mail

R4 Start 100% inspection

RQ Rejection with Q-activity

RX Other rej. decision (see the UD text)

SA Supplier accept

SAX Automatic postings

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JJ

The decision of the usage of the UD code are business decision. You can decide on what codes to be used for a particular scenario. These are basicaly to categorise your inspection lot, also to generate the quality score for material, vendor, customer etc. i dont think there is any written document for this.

Please find my views on the same

A Accept - You directly accept the material

A0 Acceptance (automatic stock posting) - use this if your using automatic usage decision

A1 Other batch - You are not sure abt the accpetance this batch would like to check the next batch ( my view)

A2 Other material - Same as Above

AX Other acceptance decision (see UD text) - This you can use if you have a partial acceptance , like the situation you have mentioned. You can mention in the text how much is accepted and rejected with any specefic reasons.

R Rejected - Material rejected

R11 Return delivery of defective quantity - Defective Vendor material you are returning back to vendor

R111 Return def. qty. with mail - There is a emailing fucntion which can be specified to particular person when this UD code is chosed. This is done through follow up action.

Others are self explanatory

R12 Return the total lot quantity -

R121 Return the lot quantity with mail

R2 Rework the rejected quantity

R21 Rework the rej. qty. with mail

R3 Scrapping of rejected quantity

R31 Scrap the rej. qty. with mail

R4 Start 100% inspection

RQ Rejection with Q-activity

RX Other rej. decision (see the UD text)

SA Supplier accept - This is can be used for UD codes for 07 inspection type wherein you do the audit for the supplier and you confirm the suplier is accepted

I have defined as below for a better understanding of the user

001 Clean Acceptance A Accepted (OK)

002 Accepted subject to Rework R Rejected (not OK)

003 Accepted with deviation R Rejected (not OK)

004 Accepted after segregation (Partial qty) R Rejected (not OK)

005 Rejected R Rejected (not OK)

006 Accepted subject to Retesting A Accepted (OK)

007 UD Changed due to line rejection R Rejected (not OK)

008 Return to vendor A Accepted (OK)

009 Auto UD for Skip Lot A Accepted (OK)

Hope this gives u some clarity

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JJ

First make it clear that you have to define whether you want to post stock automatically or not. That setting is defined in selected set.

I assum standard setting therefore if yoy select A - it means UD is Accept and stock postin to be done manually by selecting stock posting tab.

A0 - is similar to A, only difference is you need not worry about stock posting, complete GR quantity will be posted to unrestricted stock

R - Stands reject & manul stock posting is required where as R11 also stand for Rejection and stock will be posted to Returndelivery automatically.

In your scenario of partial qty in Unrestricted and rest 10 to return delivery, you have to create a new UD code say P and post stock to respective fields manually.

Hope now you got conceptual clarity. Better you revisit selected set and observe the setting differenceagainst those codes

Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for the reply .

i am curious in knowing the difference between

A Accept & A0 Acceptance (automatic stock posting) & AX Other acceptance decision (see UD text)

R Rejected & R11 Return delivery of defective quantity

SA Supplier accept & SAX Automatic postings .

When we can use A and A0 .

In a shipment of 100, if we are going to accept 90 and reject 10 means which code that i need to use

Thanks

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ

These are Standard UD codes comes along with system. SAP had given provision to define our ows UD codes. Generally Usage Decision is Accetp or Reject. Claint may have different scenarios like Accepted after rework, Segragation ...& so on....

For UD Catalog type 3 is used. Similarly for different application different catalog types are available.

[Sap Help - Catalog|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/2d/350910448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJ,

[I think this is the best material|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/61/2db434d6e3681ae10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JJ,

You will use these UD codes based on the assignment of Selected set to the inspection type in the following navigation path :-

SPRO>Quality Management>Quality Inspection>Inspection Lot Creation>Maintain Inspection Types

If there is no assignment, then all the selected set codes will be viewed while taking usage decision.

Selected sets are defined with transacton: QS51. In this transaction, you'll find the follow up actions associated with the selected set codes.

Regards,

Keerthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to QS54 enter the catalog category as 03,plant and selected set code * .

The codes you have mentioned are defined in the selected set 01.

Code Short text Valuation code Qualityscore Posting proposal

A Accept A Accepted (OK) 100 VMENGE01 To unrestricted use

A0 Acceptance (automatic stock posting) A Accepted (OK) 100 VMENGE01 To unrestricted use

A1 Other batch A Accepted (OK) 90

A2 Other material A Accepted (OK) 80 VMENGE06 New material

AX Other acceptance decision (see UD text) A Accepted (OK) 100

R Rejected R Rejected (not OK) 1

R11 Return delivery of defective quantity R Rejected (not OK) 40

R111 Return def. qty. with mail R Rejected (not OK) 40

R12 Return the total lot quantity R Rejected (not OK) 1 VMENGE07 Return delivery

R121 Return the lot quantity with mail R Rejected (not OK) 1

R2 Rework the rejected quantity R Rejected (not OK) 60

R21 Rework the rej. qty. with mail R Rejected (not OK) 60

R3 Scrapping of rejected quantity R Rejected (not OK) 20

R31 Scrap the rej. qty. with mail R Rejected (not OK) 20

R4 Start 100% inspection R Rejected (not OK) 50

RQ Rejection with Q-activity R Rejected (not OK) 1

RX Other rej. decision (see the UD text) R Rejected (not OK) 1