cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI only when invoiced before

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a requirement from my customer. I know normal process would be sales order->delivery->picking-> PGI ->billing. But due to some operations requirements which are fully justified my customer wants their users to only be able to PGI when the delivery has been invoiced or billed which would modify the process as follows

Order> Delivery>Picking>Billing> PGI.

However I haven't been able to find a way of blocking the PGI for those cases when no billing document has been created for the delivery yet. Do you have any advice? Can this be achieved by standard customizing?

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Your requirement is a typical one. However, we can try achieving with Technical Team help.

- Do the required config in Transaction VTFL by using the Standard Routine '011' in Copy Control Header Level. This requirement is used to be able to create a billing document based on deliveries that have not yet had the goods issue posted.

- With the help of Technical team, create a new Function Module as per your requirement and insert in the Delivery User Exit "MV50AFZ1". FM must be written in such a way, so that it is called only for your Sales Org or Company Code. Hence you will not have impact for other sites, as you are using the Std User Exit. The condition in the FM must check for Billing Doc number in the VBFA (Sales Doc Flow), if the Billing Doc number exist, then can allow PGI. If not, block PGI.

I hv not tried before, however you can discuss with your technical team on this ground.

Let me know if it works well.

Ravi.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto VTFL.

Select your valid combination and then click on item.

Select your item category.Details.

Maintain routine "011" for the field "Copying requirements".

Save.

Now you can create the PGI after Billing.

But here after billing the status will be no completed in document flow.After doing PGI it will be completed and every thing will be fine.

Regards,

Krishna.

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

It may be better to use order related billing for yr requirement instead of delivery related , if possible.

Regards,

Mrinal

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Your requirement can be fulfilled if you use Down payment process for that customer. Just check the following link which will help you for other details and fulfill your requirement

[http://www.sap-img.com/financial/how-down-payments-are-configured.htm]

Regards

Srinath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested, you have to maintain routine 11 in VTFL so that your requirement can be achieved.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reyes,

You can create billing before PGI in standard SAP.

The only thing you have to do is to change the routine in VTFL.

You have to use standard routine 011 in delivery to billing copy control at header level.

This routine has functionality of allowing the system to create billing before.

Thanks,

Raja