Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning HR data

former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to IdM implementation and my scenario is as follows.

New employee data will be exported from HCM system to IdM via VDS. Then, for each new employee, user account need to be created in an different target systems(both SAP and Non-SAP). Along with the user creation, initial roles need to be assigned to the user based on some conditions specific to each target system.

Using the configuration guide for SAP Systems, I have done the export of HR data to the staging area identity store and then to the productive identity store. But then, I don't know how to proceed with user creation provisioning to the target systems.

Please help me on the best practices on how to trigger the provisioning tasks in this case?

Regards,

Vijay.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Frank_Buchholz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

There exists a folder "HCM Staging Area 2 SAP Master" and provisioning task "Write HCM Employee To SAP Master" in the SAP Provisioning Framework. This task is used to transfer data from the HCM staging area to the productive Identity Store. Then the normal provisioning process gets triggered.

Please check the configuration guide for details.

Kind regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

How we can check if the user data have been successfully moved from HCM staging area to the productive Identity Store ?

>Then the normal provisioning process gets triggered.

How ? For this does we need to do any specific configuration?

Hi Matt,

Did you mean the document "SAP NetWeaver® Identity Management

Identity Center

Tutorial

- Working with roles and privileges

Version" ?

Is there any other document?

Thank you.

Regards

Sahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Take a look at the provisioning tutorial that comes with IDM, as well as the Role/Privilege Management document. It should give you some good ideas on best practices.

Hope this helps,

Matt