cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 and MT100 DME file creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are attempting to implement B2B payments using MT100 format. The Payment Medium Workbench is configured with SAP provided Note to Payee and program RFFOAVIS_FPAYM to create MT100 DME file. File contains extra spaces between each data character. I have tested in MT103 format and the same issue occurs. Has anyone experienced and resolved this issue? I'd appreciate the help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you download from F110 => DME administration, you will see the extra space between each letter.

However, you are not supposed to manually download like this. No manual intervention is allowed.

You need to set up the directory (Unix) at AL11 and the file needs to be created directly in that secured location. If you open this file in .txt format, you will not see any of the spaces.

Hope you must have maintained OBPM1 / OBPM2 / OBPM3 and OBPM4 settings properly.

OBPM4 variant is most important.

You can search the forum with OBPM4 for further details.

Still, if you face any problems, please let me know in specific.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using standard functionality supplied by SAP in the OBPM* screens:

> OBPM1 - Payment Medium Format MT100

> OBPM2 - Note to Payee Sample 02

> OBPM3 - MT100 format structure FPM_SWIFT

> OBM4 - Payment Medium Format MT100 linked to specific variant selections

We realize that SAP considers MT100 obsolete, but got the same results using the standard values with MT103.

I have forwarded your comment about the Unix directory to our technical team since I do not understand it and not sure what's required. Program SAPFPAYM generates the DME on Unix and in display mode, the spaces are present before you attempt to download the file anywhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our system appears to be performing opposite of what you have advised. When the test file is created in the file system (Unix), it contains the blank spaces in display mode and if you download in .txt or any other format.

If you download from F110 => DME administration, you do not see the extra space between each letter. I agree that we should not manually download like this. Our existing processes all store DME files on Unix for transfer to our EDI server and transmission to the bank. No manual intervention is used.

I have logged a message with SAP and opened a connection for them to assist. I appreciate your feedback!

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have faced almost similar problem. The file downloaded to unix directory looks normal, but when uploaded to ALBACS software to upload bank file, it is giving space between the words. Then we have opened the filed with right click "Open with", microsoftword, done manipulations to remove those space and again saved it in .txt file, then we have uploaded the file into bank software (submitted to the bank). Every time this kind of manual work carried out to upload the file. But, whereas the file downloaded from QAS, there was no problem. Only the file downloading from production it is giving the problem.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have sent a message to SAP asking for a solution. If you download the file from F110 DME Administration, the file is in correct format. If you let it store to the file system (Unix), it is populated with blank spaces that the bank will not accept. If the on-line DME file can be created in the correct format, it's not logical that the corresponding storage system file is created in a different format.

All of our payment files are created on Unix and then FTP'd by SAPscript to our EDI server or network directory. We use custom Z programs (along with RFFOUS_C and RFFOD__T) to create the 820 DME files for checks and ACHs and RFFOUS_T for payroll processing, which generates correctly formatted NACHA files on Unix. The files sent via EDI require no manual intervention so that data is 100% protected from manipulation. The 2 processes that use a network folder require manual upload to bank software, something we'd like to eliminate with this implementation.

I appreciate the feedback you have provided!

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please keep update the thread once this issue is resolved.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We faced a similar problem, with a created payment medium.

The solution for our problem was described in SAP Note 1064779, we just configured that the code page would be 1100, in transaction FQP3.

Regards,

André Filipe Madeira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for you response! We do not have transaction FQP3 in our security roles; however, SAP responded with instructions to add Codepage 100 for MT100 format in OBPM3. This has resolved the issue of additional spaces within the DME file created in file system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses!

SAP advised:

You can specify the format/codepage of the file in transaction OBPM3. See 'Download settings, Code Page'. You have to enter 1100 there for ASCII for format DTAUS0. If there are blanks in the file, the file was written in Unicode Codepage, which is 2 bytes per characters.

We have created new test files and forwarded to the bank for review. Thanks again for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have a problem, because we have the tree type PAYM and when execute the transaction F110, I can see the file, its format is good, but this flie is saved at server Unix (sap) that .txt format ( using obpm4) I saw this file with AL11 and the format is bad, because I have a delimiter (#) between element (field) and between every character of field:

#US#FT#20090930 ==> OK

###U#S###F#T###2#0#0#9#0#9#3#0 ==> generated

I know this character is a tab ¿is correct? so... somebody could help me please? because I found a document tthat told we can change the internal table with the information before saved it in the server with a badi, I wrote code in this badi, but I couldn't debugger and the format at file is the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have a problem, because we have the tree type PAYM and when execute the transaction F110, I can see the file, its format is good, but this flie is saved at server Unix (sap) that .txt format ( using obpm4) I saw this file with AL11 and the format is bad, because I have a delimiter (#) between element (field) and between every character of field:

#US#FT#20090930 ==> OK

###U#S###F#T###2#0#0#9#0#9#3#0 ==> generated

I know this character is a tab ¿is correct? so... somebody could help me please? because I found a document tthat told we can change the internal table with the information before saved it in the server with a badi, I wrote code in this badi, but I couldn't debugger and the format at file is the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judi,

I'm facing the same problem. Did you solve your problem?

Thanks,

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can you please provide the steps of how to configure or generate a MT 103 out of ECC. I am from technical team and doesn't know the details but trying to help the functional team.

Thanks,

Sumanth