cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I redirect a restore of my MaxDB (LiveCache) database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to copy (or refresh) my production SCM/APO ABAP SAP database into a test environment and also do the same thing with my Live Cache (MAXDB) database so they stay in sync. I can not find anything in SAP Notes or the MAXDB that describes how this can be done. We do this on the SAP ABAP side using copies of the Oracle datafiles and then renaming the files and DB - of course we have to alter all the DB related content in the actual SAP tables as ell, but we get it to work. However; I don' t know how this can be accomplished in MaxDB. Is there files would could just copy and do something similar? Or would it be better to just "export" the data contents and then import/replace them in some way into the test MaxDB? Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After dealing with the supported groups, we came to the conclusion that we use the extract feature prior to an ABAP backup then perform a copy of the system and recreate the LiveCache on the copied side (recreating any oibjects as necessary). Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do this quite often and it's a fairly simple task (Homogeneous).

I perform a full online backup of liveCache at the time I need to roll forward the SCM/R3 databases to.

I then copy that online backup dump file to my target liveCache server.

Then using the DBMGUI, I select the target liveCache (the one to be restored) > Instance, Initialize

If the database is currently running, it must be set to offline so click the Offline button (Red):

If no parameters are to be changed, select u2018Use current parametersu2019 and click Next.

If no volumes etc are to be changed, choose Next.

In the Creation Mode screen, choose u2018Create Instance for Recoveryu2019 and click Next.

The database skeleton is now created.

I then choose 'Restore from Medium' and select the medium to restore from (having previously copied the Prod backup file to that medium).

Once recovery is complete, choose Restart.

I then do:

dbmcli -d <SID> -u control,<pwd> load_systab -u superdba,<pwd>

dbmcli -d <NEWSID> -u control,<pwd> -uSQL superdba,<pwd> sql_execute rename user SAP<oldSID> to SAP<NEWSID>

And finally, using SQL Studio:

UPDATE "SAPR3"."/SAPAPO/ORDMAP" SET LOGSYS='<new R3 logsys name>' WHERE LOGSYS='<old R3 logsys name>'

You'll need to do an SCM/liveCache consistency check afterwards, and an R3/SCM Deltareport check.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please follow the SAP note:

886103 System Landscape Copy for SAP SCM .

If you are planning to run Heterogeneous liveCache Copy, please use the SAP note 632357.

If you are planning to run Homogenous liveCache copy, please use the note 457425.

If you have issues with liveCache/MaxDB please post thread at MAXDB/liveCache forum:

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.