cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating to Transaction Launcher within CRM Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured transaction launcher that calls a ECC GUI transaction. I am invoking this via custom code on button click within my CRM Quotation creation screen. The problem is, when I click this button before navigating to the TL, I get a pop up asking me to save the data. My requirement is to navigate to ECC transaction without saving my CRM Quotation and get back some data from ECC and update CRM Quotation.

I think the reason for the pop up to save data is that system is going out of context when navigating to the transaction launcher. Is there a solution for this issue ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kkp,

The Transacton Manager checks always whether a save is needed before navigating out of a particular view using method if there is a chance of data loss.

lr_tx_manager = cl_mktprj_transaction_mgr=>get_instance( ).
 lv_check = lr_tx_manager->check_save_needed( ).

If you want to overwrite this, you need to search where the above code is getting triggered and bypass this behaviour.

Also you can deactivate the Transaction Manager using this piece of code .

DATA lr_transaction_mgr TYPE REF TO cl_mktprj_transaction_mgr.
* Deactivate transaction manager
  lr_transaction_mgr = cl_mktprj_transaction_mgr=>get_instance( ).
  lr_transaction_mgr->deactivate( ).

Regards,

Masood Imrani S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Massood,

I am concerned about what happens to the existing data on my CRM Quotation, even if I bypass the save popup window. I am thinking there could be two options, whether you force SAVE before launching the TL or always lose data. Neither of them are good for my requirement.

What I am looking for is, is there a way to open transaction launcher on top of CRM Quotation screen, enter the data on the TL screen, upon closing the TL, get back the data on to already opened CRM Quote. In other words, its like a pop up/search help window where I still maintain the context of CRM Quote. Is this possible at all ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have only half of the answer.

First Approach: Dont save the Quotation.

Deactivate the Transaction manager first, so you are not forced to save the quotation.

Make the Transaction Launcher Screen open in a pop up passing required data to the parameters.

Now I am not sure how do we get back the data from the other system when we navigate back.

If you find a way for this, then fine. The flaw with this approach is if you lose the Quotation data after

your return, then you cant use this approach.

In such a case,

Second Approach: Save the Quotation and leave

In this case, once you come back from Tansaction Launcher you may have to forcefully make the views editable and populate the brought back data.

But I have one question how are you getting the data from the other system once you come back to CRM ?

Regards,

Masood Imrani S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Appreciate your help on this topic. We think neither of these options are acceptable. So, we decided not to use transaction launcher.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by: kkp on Jul 26, 2009 7:25 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is some issue with the forum.I am not able to see any of the replies or it is taking a while to update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While configuring the transaction launcher, Tick the parameter Stateful.

This will open the ECC transaction in a new window, where you can check the values and update the quotation

regards

Subhasis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried stateful option also. All it does is opening up the transaction launcher in a new window rather than on the same CRM Web UI Window.