cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cannot connect to MDM or DBMS " error message in SRM MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I am in the process of recreating a new Slave SRM MDM repository and get the error message "Cannot connect to MDM or DBMS " in MDM Console. Prior to this, I had deleted a previous slave, normalised the Master, as per note 1289763.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards and Thanks

Stevie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

1) Frist lets make sure the repository is working fine on DBMS...inorder to check this make some changes to the data and then check in DBMS through some Query or some thing. If that is working fine ok!

a) else Verify/check the repository try to create the slave if tthis too is not working there should be some problem will DBMS system as MDM is already able to make some changes through it.

Thanks

Kolusu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi steve ,

Then your DB server credentials are not correct.The DB should have all the repository data.so while mounting if you are getting an error that means the connection between MDM server and the DB server not happening.So its better you contact Admin who sets up and maintains the details.He will assist you.

Hopefully it solves your problem.

Thanks

Arnab

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi steve ,

Basically you can create multiple slaves for one master.So the error which you are getting has nothing to do with deleting slave or normalising the master.The error message clearly says that it can not connect to the MDM or DBMS.So the problem is different.I would suggest that you stop your server and restart it.See your DB server is running and check its credentials.I think it should work.Since you have mounted and loaded your master repository so I do not think you are typing the password incorrectly but please do check that also.

hopefully it works.

Regards

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

You are right. I get the error message when I try to 'mount the repository'. I have also restarted the server but the error message still appears.

Please can you suggest any other checks.

Thanks

Stevie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.