Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Shared Variable as Parameter

I have spend hours trying to add a shared date variable in a subreport as a parameter without success. This shared variable is a calculated formula. I have designed an Inventory Forecasting Report and the shared date variable is an out of stock date. This variable would be one of the last calculations because it has to pull the item information from the database with the Net Stock and Sales in order to calculate this Out of Stock Date.

I want the user to for example to put in for example 7/31/09 and and it will show all items equal or less than this date. I added another formula in the subreport and the main report to say that anything equal and before this date will say "Display" and anything else is "Suppress". I done this as a check to ensure that the parameter is calculated properly, which it is.

How do I show only items on the report that say "display"?

Is it best to create the parameter in the main report by passing the shared variable to the main report?

If you want to pass any value from subreport to main report then put sub report in header so that it processes first and we can get it in main report. But if you want to pass the value from main report to sub report after calculating then you need to place the subreport after the section where it calculates.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question