Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guyz

I want to first assign default values to the parameters on the selection screen and than after list diaplay.. when user presses back and return to the selection screen.. I want selection screen to get cleared..

Can any body tell me how to do this??

I tried this with at selection-screen output but thr we can not disply default values of parameters..as this event triggers before screen display..all defalut values are getting cleared if m putting clear <paname> in this event.

I referred ealier thread discussing clearing selection-scren but its not working coz i wann display default values too

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

The only place where you can clear the values is in the INITILIAZATION event / AT SELECTION SCREEN. But unfortunately the same events fire when you come back from the selection screen.

However, what you can do is set a variable once the program is executed. So, check for a value in the variable and then clear the values. When you execute for the first time, the variable will be empty so you will get the default values.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful posts

5 REPLIES 5

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You may be able to use

LEAVE TO TRANSACTION SY-TCODE

This will restart the report if you are running from a tcode.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rashmi,

The only place where you can clear the values is in the INITILIAZATION event / AT SELECTION SCREEN. But unfortunately the same events fire when you come back from the selection screen.

However, what you can do is set a variable once the program is executed. So, check for a value in the variable and then clear the values. When you execute for the first time, the variable will be empty so you will get the default values.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful posts

0 Kudos

Hi guyz

I got it

i did it as Ravi said by transferring value of parameter to a variable and than clearing the parameter.

thanks for your responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

<b>I want to first assign default values to the parameters on the selection screen</b>

Use: Parameters: param type i <b>default</b> '123'.

<b>when user presses back and return to the selection screen</b>

For this you can use code to clear this param in

First:Identify the function code of Back

then in

AT USER COMMAND

IF sy-ucom = 'BACK'.

CLEAR param.

ENDIF.

Hope this will surely help.

• IF your problem is solved please

close the thread & reward points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

please answer my questions:

1.what do get if you refer to dictionary if have definition with tables?

A] Fields

B] internal tables

C] transparent table

D]none

2.what do get if you refer to dictionary if have definition with tables?

A] Fields

B] internal tables

C] transparent table

D]none

With Regrads,

J.U.