cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 and Sol Man 7.0 support on Windows Server 32 bit OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have read that SAP is moving towards 64 bit implementation.

I have to install ECC 6.0 and Solution Manager 7.0 on a Windows Server. We have yet to purchase the hardware and to decide the hardware config I need answers to the following.

Is ECC 6.0 and Solution Manager 7.0 supported on Windows 2003 server 32 bit OS?

Should I buy 64 bit hardware for both or should I go for 32 bit hardware?

Thanks and Regards,

Shailendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> No Need to buy 64bit hardware.

You're aware that successor releases are only available on 64bit? And also the fact, that certain functionality may not work in Solution Manager (e. g. activation of BI cubes etc.)? If he wants to go for EHP4 on ERP he needs to install EHP3 first and then EHP4 using SAINT - which needs a lot of downtime.

SAP recommends using only 64bit system and I can just HIGHLY support that:

Note 931024 - FAQ: 64-bit platforms for Windows

<...>

As of basis release 6.20 productive use of 32-bit platforms is not recommended.

<...>

and

Note 1280759 - SAP recommends only 64-Bit Windows for SAP Appl. Servers

<...>

Therefore, we recommend that you only use 64-bit for your SAP system. Use Windows 64-bit also on small test and demo systems to become familiar with it. Otherwise you will end up wasting a lot of time and money optimizing your ABAP or Java application servers to run on 32-bit.

<...>

Almost all servers produced in the last two years are 64bit capable - so I'd check if the server really doesn't support a 64bit OS.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SolMan 7.0 works on 32-bit, as long as you use the Netweaver 7.00 SR2 kit. the SR3 kit needs 64-bit to work,.

I would not installt SolMan with ECC 6.0 on the same server.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Is ECC 6.0 and Solution Manager 7.0 supported on Windows 2003 server 32 bit OS?

>Should I buy 64 bit hardware for both or should I go for 32 bit hardware?

Ecc 6.0 upto Support Relase 2 can be installed on 32/64 bit both hardware but now SR3 has been introduced and this cannot be installed on 32 bit hardware. There are some other drawbacks of 32 bit system also, such as Memory limittaions and performence issue. So i would prefer 64 bit hardware for hassle free system.

Regards,

Subhash