cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear All,

Is there any thumb rule to decide whether a characteristic should be defined as an attribute/navigational attribute.

the reason is from a realignment point of view, navigational attributes can be easily realigned by just updating the master data. For plain attributes, we need to carry out the realignment.

Can i use navigational attributes in planning?

regards,

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

You cannot execute a forecast/lifecycle planning/release forecast to R/3 or SNP and so on at an attribute level. You can perform all the above actions only at characteristic level. Navigation attributes could be used only for selecting and displaying data. If you are not going to plan at a level, it is better to create it as a navigation attribute as characteristics will increase the livecache storage since characteristics will be part of CVCs. But, it can slow down your performance if you have too many nav. attributes.

Regards,

Mohammed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In this case, can a forecast be executed at a level that may contain one navigational attribute and other characteristics?

Thanks,

Liz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navigational attributes are not part of MPOS and you can include them in CVCs.

You cannot plan

Regs,

SCMBEE

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

You cant plan using navigational attributes.You can do one thing if you really want to plan using navigational attributes convert them to separate characteristics and can start planning.

Regarding realignment , you cant do realignment for attributes you need to convert them to characteristics in order to plan.

Please let me know if your question is answered. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks ,

Raj