Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Confuging Jco connection in WebApplication Server

Hi! All,

I am not sure if I am at the correct pace or not, but my problem is too basic, all I want to do is to connect to R/3 systems & information to display on WebDynpro

Here is what and how am doing

I want to use CAF for that I have upgraded my WAS 6.4 to 7.0 & NWDS is running on 7.0.0, & i am trying to configure JCO settings in my new server, but on giving all the R/3 information @ ‘Create Jco Destination’ & trying to ‘Ping’ for the first time it says ping is successful and then I tried to ‘Test’ it says Exception “RfcGetException rc (7) message: Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter”.

One more hurdle is that, where in Visual Administrator (go.bat) I can give RFC setting in WAS7.0.

I tried to get materials on post-installation & configuration on SAP Web but in vain.

Please guide me.

Your help is applauded.

Thanks! In advance

Kishore

Former Member
Former Member replied

Kishore,

the SLD is a way to configure your system to point to a particular backend. if you want to use, say webdynpro, and call a RFC from a backend, you have to point your server to that backend thro SLD and use the same in your code.

Click on the help link in your sld page, it will open up a PDF file (atleast it did in webAS 640). that pdf document will help u to achieve your goal.

Rgds

Ak.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question