cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confuging Jco connection in WebApplication Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! All,

I am not sure if I am at the correct pace or not, but my problem is too basic, all I want to do is to connect to R/3 systems & information to display on WebDynpro

Here is what and how am doing

I want to use CAF for that I have upgraded my WAS 6.4 to 7.0 & NWDS is running on 7.0.0, & i am trying to configure JCO settings in my new server, but on giving all the R/3 information @ ‘Create Jco Destination’ & trying to ‘Ping’ for the first time it says ping is successful and then I tried to ‘Test’ it says Exception “RfcGetException rc (7) message: Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter”.

One more hurdle is that, where in Visual Administrator (go.bat) I can give RFC setting in WAS7.0.

I tried to get materials on post-installation & configuration on SAP Web but in vain.

Please guide me.

Your help is applauded.

Thanks! In advance

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kishore,

Did you point your SLD - SystemLandScape Directory settings to your R3? Kindly check out this thread on how to configure the SLD settings .

Rgds

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! AK,

In earlier version of WAS6.40 in Visual Administrator there is an optional Tab in “SLD Data Supplier” for RFC settings, but in WAS7.0 there is no such option,

where we should provide RFC settings in WAS7.0?

Apart from RFC settings i think i have provide all parameters.

Thanks!

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore, Can you do the sld settings from the Webconsole?

http://servername:port/sld.

Try this out.

Rgds

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ak, I first did the same in SLD Console, but there’s no RFC setting at this front Right?

Thanks!

Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore,

the SLD is a way to configure your system to point to a particular backend. if you want to use, say webdynpro, and call a RFC from a backend, you have to point your server to that backend thro SLD and use the same in your code.

Click on the help link in your sld page, it will open up a PDF file (atleast it did in webAS 640). that pdf document will help u to achieve your goal.

Rgds

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Ak,

Thanks! for your time & your valuable answers, Problem is with our server only. Yesterday (17 April) we reinstall the whole WAS7.0 & problem resolved automobile.

One thing I observed is that in WAS7.0 SP4 there is no need to mention RFC which were there in WAS6.0 in Visual Administrator à Data Supplier.

BTW, i have awarded points for your Answers

Thanks!

Best regards,

Kishore

Answers (0)