cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee master change pointer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to send emplyee data like emp-no, name, email, phone, title etc from SAP system to a 3rd partysystem.

Would it be advisable to use Change pointers or a custom Z* program which would pick data and send it to 3rd party. I am using XI as the middleware to send data.

Appreciate your advise and any steps required for change pointers .

Many thanks

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>emplyee data like emp-no, name, email, phone, title etc from SAP system

Just ask the functional consultant if they have a standard IDOC for this,if there is a standard IDOC,then you can use that

If no IDOC exists,then you can write a proxy to fetch these values from tables and send to XI.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou all for pointing me in right direction. (Change pointers)

Appreciate if you could point me to some document/blog regarding how to impliment Change pointers for Employee master data.

I also wanted to know is there any IDOC that could be used or which would get auto populated with this change pointer data and then get triggered to XI. (any steps / guidance appreciated)

Many Thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already provided you a link above. There you will find a lot of information.

This might also be useful:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/78/2178b351ce11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

You could use the HRMD_A IDoc.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Patrick,

I went through the saphelp links. Got some idea about Change pointers, but could not find any steps, config activities mentioned for my scenario.

If you know of any blog/thread which has similar scenario, plz advise.

Many thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first decision is which IDoc you want use.

Standard IDoc HRMD_A or a reduced ZHRMD_A IDoc.

For an initial transport of all data (if needed) you could use transaction PFAL like mentioned by Michal above.

Activation of change pointers: BD53

Then you need the standard ALE configuration for sending your IDocs to PI (BD64, WE20, ...).

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

and here is a blog about this topic:

/people/vikash.krishna/blog/2006/10/15/replicating-hr-master-data-part-1

Regards

Patrick

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>Would it be advisable to use Change pointers or a custom Z* program which would pick data and send it to 3rd party. I am using XI as the middleware to send data.

there is no need to use any zprogram

you start with transaction PFAL to send employees (or you cna schedule it

to send the whole data as often as you wish)

and/or then use change pointers to send the deltas

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate if you could point me to some document/blog regarding how to impliment Change pointers for Employee master data.

I also wanted to know is there any IDOC that could be used or which would get auto populated with this change pointer data and then get triggered to XI. (any steps / guidance appreciated)

Many Thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the data you are sending doesn't relate to any other fields or data then change pointers are best option...but if there is some kind of logic involved then you have to use custome code to populate the logic and send the data to PI...

--

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to send your data if some changes occur then change pointer are a good solution.

Here you could find some information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/12/83e03c19758e71e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How often are you going to send these data. If it is like once in a month or one time activity, I would suggest you to send it as idoc.

If it is like routine activity, I will suggest you to go for Change pointers.

regards

Krish