cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multi-cube in 3.0B is not seeing one of six underlying cubes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I have a 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005 Cost Center Infocubes all feeding one multi-cube. Let's call the multi-cube CCMCUBE. It's April and I just created another Cost Center Infocube for 2006. My goal is to add the 2006 Infocube to the CCMCUBE. Add the 2006 Infocube to the CCMCUBE was easy - I checked ON the new cube inside the multi-cube, I accepted and assigned the dimensions/characteristics, and I accepted the recommendations for the characteristics under the IDENTIFICATION button. FYI - the new 2006 Infocube is simply a copy of the 2005 Infocube, and so are the update rules. I loaded the 2006 cube and verified the data with LISTCUBE. The problem is, when I create a query against the Multicube in Bex, the query results do not reflect any of the data in the 2006 cube. Has anyone experienced this problem? I tried de-activating and re-activating the 2006 cube and update rules, and the multicube, but still no success.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem on my own. It had to go into the multi-provider and remove the 2006 cube. Then save, then re-activate the multi-provider...and then start over. Add the underlying cube, check ON the appropriate Characteristics, Time References, and Key Figures, save, and re-activate. The moral of the story is this - when trying to add to a multi-provider, it's better to "get it right the first time" than to get it wrong and edit your mistakes. For some reason, even after I corrected my mistakes within the multi-provider, they were not reflected in the BW system until removed the cube I was trying to add, saved, re-activated, and started over. Then it worked fine.

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Glad you got it resolved.

Cheers,

Mike.

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

This is probably not the best forum for this question, there are a number of forums for the BI Capabilities of SAP NetWeaver.

From memory (and I haven't been on a 3.0B system for years) did you check your MultiCube definition to see if you have defined restrictions for characteristic 0Calyear (assuming you are using this) per InfoCube. You have the possibility to restrict the querying to specific InfoCubes based on Master data values. you might have to adjust the defintion to add the new InfoCube.

Just a thought,

Mike.