cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header and Item table - Form Design Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a header table and Item table. For every record in the header table I have multiple records in the item table. I want to have a adobe form in the following way

1. A new page starts for every record in the header table and Items in the item table for this header record can span multiple pages with the same header information.

2. When all the items are displayed for that particular header record, a new page should start for the next header record.

I created one internal table in the following way

Header_field1 Header_field2 Item_table(with all the items for this header record)

Header_field1 Header_field2 Item_table(with all the items for this header record)

I am not sure how to use a table for this scenario (Should It be a nested table?).

Please provide me some ideas.

Thanks,

Ganesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It very simple...

Trigger Page break dynamically for each header.. for item level Adobe deterimes the pages.

Select the Object Properties.. then Select the Pagination tab..

In that provide conditional page break. (for example Prod_Summ.sf_content.f_newp eq "NP" )

in the above example given Prod_summ is the page name, sf_content is the sub_page and f_newp is the flag used to validate..

I am passing the value for f_newp from the program

Thanks

Balasubramani L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balasubramani,

I made some changes and have the following now. Can you please let me know how I can achieve page break for every BP_NUMBER.

I have a nested table like the one below.

Main table u2013 Has header and Items information. Every header record has some header information like BP number, name and all line items for that BP in a nested table .

IT_HEADER:
BP_NUMBER	BP_NAME 		IT_ITEMS(Items table)
BP_NUMBER	BP_NAME 		IT_ITEMS 
BP_NUMBER	BP_NAME 		IT_ITEMS

To display this information I created the following

Subform1 u2013 overflow u2013bound to $record.IT_HEADER.DATA[*] u2013 (Repeat sub form for 
|									each data item)
|->Header sub form u2013 Positioned 
|	|
|	|-> Text Field u2013 bound to BP_NUMBER 
|
|
|->Item sub form - 
	|	
	|->Item Table u2013 bound to IT_ITEMS
		|
		|->Data u2013 bound to IT_ITEMS.DATA[*] u2013(Repeat row for each data item)

In the output BP number in the first record of IT_HEADER gets displayed and then all the Item records in IT_ITEMS for that BP get displayed. This is repeated all the records in IT_HEADER which is perfectly fine.

Please provide me some suggestions to solve the following issues I am having

1. I need a page break between records of IT_HEADER. I want the new subform1 for the next header record to start in a new page. I tried conditional break option, on the only field BP number in header sub form. I have two master pages and two body pages. All the above information is in master page 2 and body page 2. I am also not sure what to select in the TO section of the conditional break screen.

2. When there is an overflow in IT_ITEMS I need the Header sub form to be shown in the next page too.

Thanks,

Ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Issue got resolved by following Juergen Hauser's post in this thread.

Thanks,

Ganesh.