Regarding RFID Design
We are on way to implement WM(Warehouse management)module from the scratch along with the
RF functionality(Mobile data entry) in one of our ware house....project time line is 4
months to go live and we are at design stage now..
Need your guidance on
1)How do we implement Radio Frequency functionality with SAP CONSOLE??how to start with
from scratch??what all are needed for this??
2)How do we install SAP Console to test different scenarios of WM functionality??
3)***We are intrested in implementaion on Packing process with RF functionality???plz
detailly guide us how to proceed??
4)Does SAP allow Batch Picking by RF scanner??
5) packing -> we would like to know when we need to scan exactly
6) picking -> ldoes RFID support batch picking
7) how do i know
Appreciate your immediate reply...
Joe Reddy replied
1) I think you will get the SAP Console preinstalled with the SAP GUI Installation you can find it in Control Panel with the name SAPConsole Administrator. This communicates with SAP using some Telnet server and there are lot of telnet servers available in the market.
Some Useful Information for SAP Console and Telnet Server:
SAP Console Framework which enables users to execute R/3 transactions from Character based device including RF devices.
SAP Console consists of following three main components
1. SAP Console Software / Interface component
2. SAP Console Administrator Defining properties of SAP console
3. SAP Console I/O Engine I/O engine through which SAP console and User interact
Installation of SAP Console is a part of SAP GUI installation
Telnet server installation on the same machine in which SAP console is installed.
Standard Telnet server are
1.Slnet From Seattle Labs
2.GS_Tnet from Georgia Soft works
But any Telnet Sever application can be used which supports VT220 emulation.
Telnet Client is the Interface which is used to execute transactions. Ex. RF device
2) It comes preloaded with SAP GUI so need not worry about installation.
3) Yeah Packing process is supported in RF and you can get the couple of transactions related to RF and they start with LM*
For the rest you have transaction codes available like for example LM74, LM47, etc or else best thing is you use LM00 which is the starting transation code for your RF related activities.
Or else search for LM* in TSTC table.
Thanks & Regards,
Message was edited by: YJR