cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading 4.0 to 5.3-RAR-errors loading file

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing a proof of concept for an upgrade from 4.0 to 5.3 and in RAR we ran the program, /virsa/zvrat_L03, per the upgrade guide and when trying to load the file created, it is failing at table, VIRSA_CC_FUNCPRM. We broke the original file up and we able to load the Business Processes, Functions Actions but it is still failing on the Functions Permissions table. We have been manipulating the data in the file and trying to load it but are still having problems. Opened a ticket with SAP and they state that we have corrupt data in our current rules database which is incorrect.

Did anyone else have an issue uploading this file when they upgraded and if so what was done to correct the issue?

Note - we created our own SOD rules so we are not using the provided ruleset.

Mary Schmich

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mary,

you mentioned in your Note that you had created your own SOD rules so you are not using the provided ruleset.....here I ahve a question.....can you please tell me where I can see the ruleset provided by SAP in ECC...........I am trying to find this for HR in our ECC system.

Thx,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lisa,

Which version of GRC do you have loaded. In 4.0 the SAP provided rules are loaded in Matrix 2-4 but in GRC 5.3 we didn't load the SAP rules but you can do that but you must specify what ruleset you want to have them in. We only loaded our custom ruleset and created one called ABRULES when we did the config for RAR and loaded them there. mary

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mary-

If you provided SAP with all the files, they should have provided a solution. It is hard to believe Support would have said your data is corrupt and left it at that. Can you tell me what the message number is? If it is still open add all your files in a zip and attach it to the message.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankur,

The ticket is 434557. My boss was finally able to manipulate the file that was created to get it to load. I updated the ticket with that info and was told it is still an issue with the data in 4.0 and how we generated the rules. We had a Virsa employee that was brought in to help us convert the rules to 4.0 prior to SAP buying the company. We haven't had any issues with the rules not working in our current 4.0 system.

The majority of the issue with the file that was created from the program had to do with fields being merged together in one column or parts of the fields being merged into one column instead of being in a separate column.

Mary